Your Book Activity ~ November 2012

Kylie

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to the release of Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire: Claudia's Story. I've started counting down only 21 days to publication, it's not the most christmassy book read but hopefully it won't disappoint I loved her other books.

I've just finished Witch Hunt by Syd Moore, the perfect Halloween read! I'm now going back to The Conductor by Sarah Quigley but not really enjoying it though.

A family friend gave me some of her books, I'll list them in my reading list!

I'm also continuing on with perfume: the story of the murderer.

I finally decided to have a teensy break from the review books and read one of my own that's been waiting for a while. I started The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and can barely stand to put it down! I watched the film a little while ago, and while i enjoyed it, I didn't think it was brilliant or anything. The book, though, is excellent, and I'm actually seeing how good the casting was for the film and appreciating it more. :)

I will DEFINITELY be reading the rest of the series as soon as possible!!!

I am reading something somewhat heavier - the memoirs of Osama Bin Laden's wife (first) and son (fourth). Actually its one of the most interesting books I've read all year, and it only cost me 99p.

Edited by Talisman

I've reached the halfway mark with perfume: the story of the murderer. I seem to have gotten back into the swing of reading again.

Edited by Devi

Just started Rebecca`s Tale by Sally Beauman.

I've had this on my shelf a long time so will be interested to hear what you think of it Poolmonkey :smile:

Just come back from the library with:

Rivers of London - Ben Aaronovitch

Fingersmith - Sarah Waters

The Loop - Nicholas Evans

I'm reading Rivers of London at the moment & really enjoying it hope you like it too Bobbly & Fingersmith is my favourite Sarah Waters book not heard of The Loop though :smile:

I haven't been book buying a lot lately.

I am just starting to read The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.

Hi Pixie :006: How are you?

I am reading something somewhat heavier - the memoirs of Osama Bin Laden's wife (first) and son (fourth). Actually its one of the most interesting books I've read all year, and it only cost me 99p.

Hope your 99p doesn't go to fund terrorism :smile:

Just started Tuesdays with Morrie bi M. Albom.. seems interesting!

I so loved that book :smile:

I've just finished the fabulous How To Be A Woman by Caitlin Moran, and I'm about to start The Art of Racing in the Rain for the November Reading Circle (and yes, I know it's already November and I should have finished it by now, not just starting it :roll:)

Also picked up The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds by Alexander McCall Smith from the library, which was a rather stressful event using the automated machine :motz: Had to get assistance from the librarian at the counter twice, and took longer to check out one book than the combined total of my visits to the library for the year - gah! And they've moved all the librarians between the various libraries in the area, so I don't know any of them in mine any more. :(

I've just finished the fabulous How To Be A Woman by Caitlin Moran

Glad you enjoyed it Claire .. did it put a big grin on your face? .. it did mine :) I bought her follow up Moranthology for my niece cos she loves Caitlin (I should add here my niece is thirty-something) but I haven't heard yet whether she's enjoyed it or not. I want to read it though and was hard pushed not to as it was in the house for a week before wrapping etc (would have only got crumbs in it though .. I'm a messy reader :D)

Couldn't sleep last night and so finished Schindler's Ark .. not a book to read actually when you can't sleep because it fills your head with the worst kind of thoughts but it was a good and compelling read. Also reading The Paris Wife (still going good) Visitation (brilliant .. I've nearly finished it) and Lady into Fox which .. you'll never believe ;) .. is about a lady that turns into a fox :D she still eats toast so that's the sort of fox I want to be if I should turn into one. So far anyway she's having a better time of it than Kafka's beetle :D

I'm reading Rivers of London at the moment & really enjoying it

Yay! very happy to hear it KM :)

Oooh, can you please provide the book's title? I've got a few others about Bin Laden but nothing by his family.

Just finished Well-Tempered Clavicle, by Piers Anthony. It's the 35 novel in his Xanth fantasy series, in which the magical world of Xanth is made up of puns. Not as good as some of others in this series, but still a light, funny read! :readingtwo:

I've gotten side-tracked again on my list of current reads and found myself getting sucked into a fairly recent purchase - Mao's Great Famine: The History of China's Devastating Catastrophe, 1958-1962, by Frank Dikotter.

Also still plugging along with the Rushdie memoir.

For some silly reason (she says sarcastically), I'm having trouble focusing on anything for too long lately. ;)

I am just starting to read The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.

Cool, I hope you enjoy it! I can't wait to start reading it :)

Started and almost finished Rats by James Herbert on my Kindle, a great read.

Edited by Timstar

Cool, I hope you enjoy it! I can't wait to start reading it

So far, so good, but I've only read through two chapters. This is my first book by Brandon Sanderson.

I have just finished 'Breaking Dawn' by Stephenie Meyer. Although it is the best book of the saga in my opinion, it's an extremely disappointing end.

Now I'm about to start 'Mockingjay' by Suzanne Collins. I have loved 'The Hunger Games' trilogy so far, so I'm really hoping that this isn't going to disappoint me.