For How Long Do You Read?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to try and read for at least 30 minutes at a time, but sometimes it's not always possible. As long as I have enough time to read a full chapter though, because I hate having to put a book down half way through one. I like to get to a good stopping point.

• 3 years later...

Sometimes I can limit myself to a few chapters turn the light of and go to sleep and sometimes I just have to finish the book even if it means staying awake half the night and my 6.30am start.

I'm the same. Sometimes I will plod through a few pages/chapters just to keep my reading going. Other times, I will start and finish a book in the same day, reading for hours, just to get the end :D

:D Although at the my mojo's done a bunk and I'm wondering if it will ever resurface!

I don't have any rules about time. Sometimes I'll read for five minutes or less, and sometimes I'll read for 12 hours. It just depends on the book, how high my mojo is, and what I'm doing.

Usually on the way to and from work, about 25 minutes each way. Then if I'm not doing anything during the night I'll read in my room for about half an hour (or on and off for an hour). Every now and then before I go to bed.

Not a lot really! :D

I always read in the bath and only stop when the water gets cold!

How do people do this?! :D Does the book not get all wet? You'd have to hold your hands up really rigidly the whole time!

I read whenever i can fit it in, so it can be while i'm stirring the dinner in the kitchen or sitting on the bus when the children are occupied watching a TV programme but i always try to read at least 50 pages a day otherwise i find if i put a book down for too long i can lose interest in it.

I read most lunchtimes at work, usually for the entire hour (having eaten my sandwiches throughout the morning, so I actually have no lunch left by 12pm and leaving both hands free to hold the book and turn the pages!).

I try to read in the evenings, but depends what else is going on.

I probably spend at least 3 hours reading most Saturdays and Sundays, but if it's a really good book, that can more than double :D

I mainly read before I go to bed. Sometimes I might have a lie-in and read in the morning for an hour, but that doesn't happen often - I've been up at 5am for work the last four mornings, and I'm doing the same tomorrow, so no chance of that! :D

I always take a book with me wherever I go, so sometimes I get extra reading in that way.

I tend to read more during the week than at weekends, bizarrely!

After next week i be off work for about 6 weeks so i be reading in the moring with my cup of tea :D

Oh that sounds wonderful!

I usually read for 30-45 mins before going to sleep. I have a definite upper limit with reading. I think probably an hour is usually more than enough. I get too tired after that - even if I'm reading in the daytime.

I tend to read at least a chapter or two (depending on length) with each sitting, although depending on the time of day this isn't always the case.

I quite often read before work for about 30 minutes, then again during my lunch hour if I don't have other plans, and I do try and read for at least an hour before bed each night. I try and aim for 100-200 pages per day, although more often than not it doesn't work out like that.

I LOVE the idea of reading while in the bath too, however I'm more of a shower person and somehow I don't think that would quite work! :(

It depends on how much time I've got, how tired I am, and of course on what I'm reading.

Usually when I'm on holiday I read the most, 2,3 hours a day, or even more. Again, it depends on what I have to do that day. In the other part of the year, I read during study breaks to let my brain relax :blush: from 10 mins, to 1 hour.

On average I'd say I read (non uni stuff) about an hour a day, but of course there are days when I don't read at all, or spend even more time reading.