Your Book Activity ~ September 2012

Kylie

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Tried 'Room' Gab, and I left it, I could not read it, I was relaly looking forwards too it too!

I have demolished 'The Silent Girl' by Tess Gerritsen which was excellent and I am now reading 'The Snow Child' which looks to be an excellent read also.

Lou x

.......... I'm about a third of the way through so far. Quite a few of the characters are very young, in their early-teens or younger, and that occasionally throws me, as they have to act in ways that are so grown up. I shall have a look for the thread for the book - I've been avoiding Raven's On The Throne thread as I'm aware that one has spoilers.

The young ages of some of the characters was what threw me the most in Game of Thrones I think, I really struggled at times to get my head around the things they were doing when so young! happy reading :smile:

Over the last day or so I've read about 200 pages of Gone With The Wind and its safe to say that I'm now hooked on it! Can't believe that I've left it this long to read!

Isn't it brilliant! Gone With The Wind was so much more than I expected :blush2: and probably one of the few books I will reread. Enjoy :smile:

I just finished The Snowman - Jo Nesbo, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Frankie yes I do think it's the best Harry Hole book so far, the others were good but The Snowman - Wow!

Now I've started The Leopard also by Jo Nesbo, can it top the previous one? it'll be amazing if it does. :readingtwo:

I finished Except the Dying, by Maureen Jennings. It's the first book in the Murdoch Mysteries series - the tv show Murdoch Mysteries, which was based on the characters from these books, is one of my very favourite shows, so I was eager to read the books. It was an excellent book - murder mystery set in Toronto in 1895. Had me guessing all the way through, and it was one of those books which I just didn't want to put down. I'll definitely be reading the subsequent books in the series.

I wasn't sure what to read next, so I grabbed a couple of books off my shelf - Flappers and Philosophers: The Collected Short Stories, by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and The Groucho Letters: Letters To and From Groucho Marx. These are both books I can dip in and out of, so if I get a sudden urge to read something else (which is very likely!) I can put them aside for a bit :)

I finished Sharpe's Eagle this morning while i was eating my breakfast & have started a book from a friend called No and Me by Delphine De Vigan, it's a Richard & Judy bookclub book & i usually like their choices so should be good :smile:

Isn't it brilliant! Gone With The Wind was so much more than I expected :blush2: and probably one of the few books I will reread. Enjoy :smile:

Its fantastic, i thought that it was just going to be a romance novel but it is so much more! I agree with the re-reading, i dont often re-read but i think i will this book! :D

Its fantastic, i thought that it was just going to be a romance novel but it is so much more! I agree with the re-reading, i dont often re-read but i think i will this book! :D

The movie is brilliant too. :)

I just finished Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. I read most of it yesterday and today, and even though I enjoyed the story, my brain which is unaccustomed to this style in a foreign language, thanks me for the rest.

I've already read a few pages in my next book. When the current book is getting a bit much but I really want to finish it, I'll sometimes read a few pages in my next book to kind of get me going again. Next on: Stieg Larsson's Mannen die vrouwen haten, which was translated to English as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I finished The Thoughts and Happenings of Wilfred Price, Purveyor of Superior Funerals today. Really enjoyed it, and dead chuffed I won it now! :smile2:

am looking forward even more now to starting mine :)

I am now reading 'The Snow Child' which looks to be an excellent read also.

Lou x

it is :)

I've started Perfume: The Story of a Murderer to go along side Dark World.

Liking it very much so far!

Picked up some great books in the charity shop today

Hester Mrs Oliphant

The Potato Factory Bryce Courtenay

Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal ? Jeanette Winterson

Really happy with my new books :D

I'm almost finished with The Woman Who Died A Lot (although I can't believe it's almost the end of the book, I barely seem to have started!) and it's been very good so far, and I'm enjoying it more than I did the previous Thursday Next book.

A parcel arrived today containing 'A Year Without Autumn' by Liz Kessler, and a non-fiction 'Otter Country - In Search Of The Wild Otter'.

I have Otter Country on my wishlist, Chrissy - it sounds like a great read to me, so hope you enjoy it :)

My reading has really suffered this past week, due mostly to the Paralympics, which I have glued to for most of the time I am not at work. As a result I am still only 25 percent through a book I started over a week ago !