Newbie Alert-Another readaholic joining the ranks

medsdemon

Hello there *waves* to anyone out there on this sunny sunday morning.

Just thought I'd better introduce myself before I start posting elsewhere.

I',m Sarah, I'm from Scotland and I've always loved reading. I'm an on and off reader- read loads one month then nothing the next, but I love to buy books anytime. Can't get my head round a Kindle yet though, like the feel of turning pages and reading something that's been enjoyed by countless others. I don't have a favourite "type" of book, just whatever takes my fancy- currently going to attempt a few Classics as DD is doing Advanced Higher English and I'm going to read along with her with her book list...

Other interests are walking, holidaying, cooking and gigs...and reading about them!!

Hope to chat to lots of likeminded people on here soon :)

Hey Sarah, welcome to BCF, I'm sure you'll love it here. :welcome2:

Can't get my head round a Kindle yet though, like the feel of turning pages and reading something that's been enjoyed by countless others.

Haha, I was very solidly against Kindles before I began to recognise the advantages. I still don't use it very much though. :lol:

Hello there *waves* to anyone out there on this sunny sunday morning.

*waves back* ... though you might not see me through the rain and gale force wind (I actually put gale force wine then lol ... never had that but I imagine it's good :D)

Just thought I'd better introduce myself before I start posting elsewhere.

I'm Sarah, I'm from Scotland and I've always loved reading. I'm an on and off reader- read loads one month then nothing the next, but I love to buy books anytime.

Hello Sarah :smile: .. you'll be right at home here.

Can't get my head round a Kindle yet though, like the feel of turning pages and reading something that's been enjoyed by countless others.

Woohoo :clapping::yahoo::hyper::clapping::yahoo: (apologies Kindle readers .. I may have gone over the top there :D)

I don't have a favourite "type" of book, just whatever takes my fancy- currently going to attempt a few Classics as DD is doing Advanced Higher English and I'm going to read along with her with her book list...

Ooh when you're settled you must set up a bookblog.

Other interests are walking, holidaying, cooking and gigs...and reading about them!!

I like all them things too :-)

Hope to chat to lots of likeminded people on here soon :)

*jumps up and down waving* ooh me, me! bagsy you speak lots to me :blush: my mind is very like yours (I've probably frightened you off now lol)

Hello Sarah, and welcome to the best book club around!

I feel the same way about kindles too! I have nothing against anyone who owns one though.

Welcome Sarah

Good to have you along . That's a good idea to read some of the Classics along with your girl. What are some of the ones coming up on her list ?

I'm one of the Kindle people ,but it's ok if you like books better .Sometimes I do, too. It just depends ... They both have good and bad points !

Different strokes,as they say . :)

Ooh thanks for all the lovely welcomes :D .

*waves back* ... though you might not see me through the rain and gale force wind (I actually put gale force wine then lol ... never had that but I imagine it's good :D)

Hello Sarah :smile: .. you'll be right at home here.

Ooh when you're settled you must set up a bookblog.

I like all them things too :-)

*jumps up and down waving* ooh me, me! bagsy you speak lots to me :blush: my mind is very like yours (I've probably frightened you off now lol)

No rain here ....yet.. but it's freeezing. look forward to chatting lots Poppyshake.

Welcome Sarah

Good to have you along . That's a good idea to read some of the Classics along with your girl. What are some of the ones coming up on her list ?

I'm one of the Kindle people ,but it's ok if you like books better .Sometimes I do, too. It just depends ... They both have good and bad points !

Different strokes,as they say . :)

She has Othello, Anthony and Cleopatra, Persuasion & Pride and prejudice so far. I managed to get them all in a lovely Charity bookshop I found in Edinburgh for the princely sum of £7 plus some york notes and she's started reading Pride & Prejudice already. She likes her own copies so she can write notes in them and mark passages out ( can't believe hardly any of her fellow English students don't get there own copies). I will probably read Persuasion first...absolutely loved the film version with Ciaran Hinds so I know I will love the book. ( plus it's quite short :giggle2: )

Sarah

It sounds as if you are all set to get a good start on the books then. I rarely ever watch the tv or movie versions of books, so wouldnt be able to respond much about any other than Downton Abbey,which really didn't come directly from a book,although I think it's based on a true home, family, servants , Also based on a way of life and a time in the past . I really love all the episodes of it ,and have read a companion book that tells more about the house, the wardrobe, foods and way of life back in the early 1900's time frame .

Bet you'll enjoy yourself in here. Lots of people to talk BOOKS with :)

Edited by julie