How Many in your TBR Pile

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kylie, you have my utmost respect. :roll:

:D Thanks Frankie.

I think perhaps any numbers running into 4 figures can be considered excessive, unless they are free! Any number before that mark and you should be safe from accusations of excess! :irked:

Phew! I'm easily within the limits then! And when I start feeling guilty about all the money I spent I can remind myself of the fact that it all went to charity :D

I also donated three bags of books and comics to the bookfair, but unfortunately that didn't decrease my TBR pile by much because they were mostly reference books that I never counted as TBR anyway. :irked:

I think I am about 100 :irked: not too sure as my TBR pile needs sorting out and books added on to my Librarything. This I will have to do soon and get the bookshelve tidy again and the books off the floor that I was trying to sort out the other day. I was fixing the books that I had by the same author to see what I had then I went and bought nearly a whole series(only 2 books to get) of Simon Scarcrow. Now I've gone and fell in love with Clive Barker and would like more books of his.:roll:

Edited by Heather

I think I am about 100 :irked: not too sure as my TBR pile needs sorting out and books added on to my Librarything. This I will have to do soon and get the bookshelve tidy again and the books off the floor that I was trying to sort out the other day. I was fixing the books that I had by the same author to see what I had then I went and bought nearly a whole series(only 2 books to get) of Simon Scarcrow. Now I've gone and fell in love with Clive Baker and would like more books of his.:D

You know what Heather...I cleared 3 shelves few weeks back of books....Ive managed to fill one of them already :roll:

I'm moving next month so I am seriously considering trimming some of the 75 books in my TBR pile :irked:. I know, it's horrible! My new place is much smaller though and unless I store the books in dresseer drawers, I'm not sure I'll have room for all of them!

I'm moving next month so I am seriously considering trimming some of the 75 books in my TBR pile :irked:. I know, it's horrible! My new place is much smaller though and unless I store the books in dresseer drawers, I'm not sure I'll have room for all of them!

My only suggestion would be a lot of wall shelves, or tall bookcases which are good for small spaces, we have one in our tiny bedroom and it's a godsend, would suck if you had to get rid of books :roll:

Edited by lexiepiper

I've just had a quick count up of all the books on my shelves that I haven't read yet and it's about 115:lurker: (and thats only the shelves, I'm sure I have some stashed under the bed. And thats also only fiction books. Im ignoring the 20 or so non-fiction).

Considering that I can only read about 15 books a year, thats over 7 and a half years worth!! And thats if I don't borrow or buy any more books (thats never going to happen! My friend just lent me 3 last week!)

I think I need to start reading quicker! :blush:

• 1 month later...

I have 47 unread books out of the 107 I have here in Cork (which doesn't include about 10 Philosophy books, my old book collection and anything at my parents house, which could number 10-20 (all read).

There's also my Buffy books, I have about 10 of those but they're mostly read too. Can't be bothered going to count as they're out in the living room.

More than I could ever imagine .... and they're painful. I was pulling a book out of the top shelf last night and one toppled out and hit me in the chest. It wasn't a short paperback - oh no! It was the complete works of Shakespeare:blush:

Note to self: curtail spending and make TBR pile smaller.