The Voice UK

Coffin Nail

What does everyone make of it?

So far I've really enjoyed it. I prefer it to the X factor, no awful Simon Cowell, no adverts every 10 minutes and all the singers are actually talented, instead of being average but pretty enough for true singing skills to matter too much.

I don't know if I'll stick with it until the end, but so far its entertaining enough.

She knows the words to every song they sing, I've noticed.

I hate talent shows with a fiery passion, but I'm quite liking this. On all the <<spit>> Cowell shows they just seem to set people up to ridicule them, so I refuse to watch them anymore, but that hasn't happened so far on here. Not sure I'll stick with it now that they won't have their backs turned (which was part of the appeal so far, to me) but we'll see.

She knows the words to every song they sing, I've noticed.

I hate talent shows with a fiery passion, but I'm quite liking this. On all the <<spit>> Cowell shows they just seem to set people up to ridicule them, so I refuse to watch them anymore, but that hasn't happened so far on here. Not sure I'll stick with it now that they won't have their backs turned (which was part of the appeal so far, to me) but we'll see.

Must be good. I'd have put money on you hating it.

Jesse J has been a revelation to me. I was expecting the same old generic here today, gone tomorrow pop girlie, and she's actually been quite funny and knows her stuff.

I have found Jessie J to be a tad annoying at times, but not enough to switch off. As you say, she clearly knows what she is talking about.

I find 'The Voice' refreshing, because it doesn't rely on humiliation and putting people down, to provide entertainment. I'm looking forward to seeing what the coaches do to help their acts.

I lurve it!!!! Prefer it so much more than the X-factor.

Will-I-am is so funny. Such a cheeky lil chap. How can anyone not like him. When they all start name dropping too makes me giggle :giggle2: especially Will-I-am's Michael Jackson impression a few weeks ago about mixing a track with him LOL

This weeks looks good when they battle it out and sing the same song. I think thats a good idea.

Will-I-am is so funny. Such a cheeky lil chap. How can anyone not like him. When they all start name dropping too makes me giggle :giggle2: especially Will-I-am's Michael Jackson impression a few weeks ago about mixing a track with him LOL

He is adorable isn't he, he looks so sweet sitting that big chair. I didn't expect him to be so funny either.

Well have to say I watched it tonight and to be honest wasn't that impressed with many of them. Ruth probably the best and maybe Jaz and Tyler. Why do they all have to be shouting and wobbling their voices all the time, can they just not sing!

Well have to say I watched it tonight and to be honest wasn't that impressed with many of them. Ruth probably the best and maybe Jaz and Tyler. Why do they all have to be shouting and wobbling their voices all the time, can they just not sing

all 3 of them were my faves.

Ruth gave me goose bumps. I was nearly in tears. very clever song choice from sir tom. I could relate to every word of that song. I lost my mom at a young age & could feel it. it really was very touching.

I watched about half an hour of it last night and turned it off - the ones I heard were all awful. Why can 'singers' not hold a note these days?? They all sound like they're gargling.

The blind auditions made it unique and intriguing to watch, but now it's just another talent show. They never sing the kind of music I like - apart from the guy who tried to sing a Foo Fighters song (and made a mess of it) - so there's not much point in me watching it anymore!

Bored now. When talent shows move to the live show process I lose interest. Still think Ruth will win and I'll probably check the results show to see who goes and who stays.

• 4 weeks later...

Totally gobsmacked the final public vote going for Leanne! thought Bo might clinch it but wanted Tyler to win.

I also thought that Bo might win this, but Leanne definitely came out fighting last night...what a voice!