Marie H

Your Book Activity - October 2021

I finished Oscar de Muriel’s The Strings of Murder Audible. Enjoyable story, but the narration was hard work, and just a little too theatrical. Thankfully, following series I have bought Kindle versions.

Finished a goosebumps Let's Get Invisible not one of my favourites and Haunted Whitby by Alan Brooke. 

I have started on The Red Gloves & Other Stories by  Catherine Fisher and going to start on The Lovliest Chocolate Shop In Paris by Jenny Colgan. 

I want to read a few spooky stories this month and look forward to reading more Christmassy reads from next month. 

First book of the month completed: Jan Morris's Conundrum, her account of her gender transition.  A valuable insight, as well written as ever.  4/6 stars.

I'm currently a good way through two books, Tornado by John Nicol, and By The Rivers of Babylon by Nelson DeMille. I am also almost finished with The Ghosts of K2 by Mick Conefrey.

7 hours ago, Madeleine said:

I'm about to start my first Oscar de Muriel book, in the Frey and McGrey series.

I'm excited for you!! I hope you love them too!

I'm a few chapters in to Lady Audley's Secret, but still also reading a chapter here and there of Silence in the Age of Noise.

Still not reading, but I have been making purchases (but, of course!). I've been pretty busy of late, and have been relaxing with cryptic crosswords when I've had more than 5 minutes to myself. 

The GN Watchmen by Alan Moore is one I have been meaning to buy for ages, so just went and did! The other book is The Four Branches of The Mabinogi, a children's illustrated book by Sian Lewis and Valeriane Leblond,  recounting the oldest and most famous legends in Wales.