• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

Special Christmas Giveaway!   12/01/2018

I am very, very excited to announce a special Christmas giveaway for supporting members! Thanks to https://www.secretbookclubuk.co.uk/ one supporting member will win a Secret Book Club Book Box on December 25th!      The winner will be able to choose between six great genres for their book box: Crime & Thriller Mind, Body & Soul Debut Novel or Self Published History Young Adult Science Fiction and Fantasy    See the 'Giveaways' thread for more details   
Talisman

June's Around the World Book Challenge

It's a shame the longer anthology has gone out of print but I might have a look for this shorter version. With folktales I particularly like the way you see universal human fears and questions but portrayed uniquely depending on that culture. I suppose that the 'Round the World' challenge does the same thing really, but on a more complex level, with more modern considerations.

Do you think you could do the challenge again, picking different books for each country? 

If I really wanted to I could - and if I didn't mind reading loads more paper as opposed to Kindle books. I think I would struggle to be honest though to find more than one book that I wanted to read from some of the countries. There are always going to be some countries like that. New countries do pop up now and then as well, as borders change and people demand their independence.