The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We watched Good Will Hunting on BBC3 or 4 the other night, and I'd forgotten how much I love that film. There are some moments of genius dialogue - and I love it when Robin Williams plays a non-comedic role.

Meek's Cut-Off. 7/10. Not a bad film,if a little slow. It's about American settlers who get lost in Oregon 1845. Stars Bruce Greenwood,Michelle Williams & Will Patton.

never be ashamed of Home alone.. you know, unless its 3 or 4... was there a 5th? I hope not!

I watched The Town. it was ok - think I made a mistake putting the extended version on... 2 and a half hours is way past my attention span. Still, ben affleck... swoon!

ONE DAY from the book by David Nicholls. Proves the power of story telling. I enjoyed it very much. Wondering now to actually read the book. Would seeing the movie spoil reading the book :)

Dave

I watched The Town. it was ok - think I made a mistake putting the extended version on... 2 and a half hours is way past my attention span. Still, ben affleck... swoon!

I actually liked that movie, and one of Ben's better acting ones to boot!

Well I was getting ready to buy the original Star Wars trilogy on blu-ray this month, but now I see that Mr George 'I'm an idiot' Lucas has been tinkering with them again, making yet more pointless changes, so I won't be bothering. See:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/united-kingdom/149750-star-wars-blu-ray-50.html

My folks took me to Leicester Square to see the first movie on my 12th birthday back in 1978, and I've loved those original movies ever since. At least I've got the unaltered versions on dvd :)

Sorry, just felt the need to rant :lol:

Hello Karsa.

I have just seen ONE DAY, from the book of the mega selling same title. Havnt read the book yet but did enjoy the movie to a certain extent. It was certainly mainly an absorbing two hours . The real clincher for me, was the last line of the very last scene. Clever.

My folks took me to Leicester Square to see the first movie on my 12th birthday back in 1978, and I've loved those original movies ever since. At least I've got the unaltered versions on dvd :)

My brother took me to see it when I was 5, Karsa, and I clearly remember how exciting it was and how much fun I had. It's a shame when something good from your past gets messed with.

Last night before bed I put in Close Encounters and fell asleep around the time when Roy started throwing all the old shrubs and stuff from the yard into his house for another Devil's Tower sculpture. Best film ever! :D