Do You Draw?

Gingerbreadman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, and I'd love to be able to. My hubby draws and paints well and is hoping to illustrate a book written by a family member .. it's early days though and it'll probably come to nothing.

I love illustrated books, I think I have at least three illustrated versions of 'Alice in Wonderland' .. I can't resist them.

This is one of my doodles from chobits, not a great one but I can't be messing around with my scanner at this time of night :Zzzz:

I could pop some others on here at another time if you like, I mainly draw anime/manga characters but I also enjoy pencil sketching and am now experimenting with painting and landcapes :D

How about you?post-7110-0-70680200-1307745341_thumb.jpg

Thats really good :lol: I've got the art academy game and you can get some pretty amazing results, I can't transfer them to a computer though :(

post-7110-0-00392000-1307864333_thumb.jpg[ This is one of my rare non manga still life sketches :giggle2:

post-7110-0-49982700-1307864506_thumb.jpg This is another one of my attempts at chi from chobits

post-7110-0-34827700-1307864611_thumb.jpg This is supposed to be Tamaki from Ouran high school host club

Am upset because I had a load of my favourite sketches that my husband was keeping safe that he has actually lost :(

Edited by bunnybooks

post-7110-0-66319900-1307864937_thumb.jpg This is a picture of chi from chobits that my husband drew for me before we were married :D

I don't wacth amine so I don't have a clue who the are but they're still brill :)

I also lost one of my drawing copys ;( I had 60 pagee filled up with drawings.

I have a book called Myrhical Monsters, Monsters and Villians and Dragons.(they're made by the same person and they're not a book book but more of a Bestiry)

I don't wacth amine so I don't have a clue who the are but they're still brill :)

I also lost one of my drawing copys ;( I had 60 pagee filled up with drawings.

I have a book called Myrhical Monsters, Monsters and Villians and Dragons.(they're made by the same person and they're not a book book but more of a Bestiry)

Do you use the book for inspiration or do you prefer to draw straight from the book?

I used to only draw from my imagination as a child whereas now I really only draw from life or books.

@bunnybooks

I would usally draw straight from the book. It's hard to draw from imagination because it would be harder to know where you went wrong.

@Chrissy

No I haven't seen any of his books but I'll probley google him.

Pickle that's incredible! I'd love to be able to do that.

I do a lot of drawing, art is pretty much taking over my life at the moment. Rather than posting pictures here, considering I've some 200 pieces, it's just easier to link to my gallery: http://nollaig.deviantart.com/

It's mostly Lion King fanart and comics, with some other animated movies and cartoons thrown in, digital portraits of people, stuff like that. All utterly, utterly pointless. :giggle2:

• 3 weeks later...

I love to draw when I have the time, one of my best pieces is here:

2lcptes.jpg

k9u8m.jpg

It was a bit difficult taking photos of it with my laptop camera, but you get the idea as I do not have a scanner!

Edited by BookGeek20

I love that character in Beauty one of my favourites

I managed to get time to ohoto a 3 of my other drawings this weekend as I am worried that if I seel them then I won't have any record of them and as they are straight out of my imagination then I won't ever be able to reproduce them. so here you go

boat.jpg

houses.jpg

surreal-1.jpg

not the best photographs but al I could do with my phone this weekend

surreal.jpg?t=1307905094

This is the one I sold most recently its slightly surreal bit I really loved it and hated to sell it. :D

I adore this one! If I ever write a book, I wat you to do the cover art for it! :)

I love that character in Beauty one of my favourites

I managed to get time to ohoto a 3 of my other drawings this weekend as I am worried that if I seel them then I won't have any record of them and as they are straight out of my imagination then I won't ever be able to reproduce them. so here you go

houses.jpg

not the best photographs but al I could do with my phone this weekend

I love this one, so detailed!