Top Posters In This Topic

This morning, for a quid each in the pound shop, all in hardback:

* Raymond Khoury - Sanctuary

* Kate Muir - Left Bank

* Rebecca Stott - Ghost Walk

* Douglas Carlton Abrams - The Lost Diary of Don Juan

Couldn't resist - they all look ace! :)

what's "a quid"? :blush:

It's slag for one pound (£1.00). ;) Likely stemming from the Latin "quid pro quo" indicating an exchange of some sort, I.e. money for goods. :)

Just finished The Picture of Dorian Gray. Now converting it into a game.

What do you mean? :huh:

I finished Living Dead In Dallas earlier and after I've read it I'll probably make a start on Club Dead.

I have decided that a kindle is bad for me, I treat it likes its a library and am constantly getting books (not always the free ones) its just so easy...... I may need a stop buying kindle books support group :help:

Edited by pickle

I have decided that a kindle is bad for me, I treat it likes its a library and am constantly getting books (not always the free ones) its just so easy...... I may need a stop buying kindle books support group :help:

I'm going to have to join with you. :blush:

Started reading The Crimson Petal and the White a few days ago... Only 40 or so pages in so far since I've only really had time to read during my commute, but I am LOVING it so far. I love the writing style... It feels like I'm literally transported to a different world when I open the book. Can't wait to spend some time this weekend getting through much more of it. :)

Have you read her Trylle trilogy, 'Switched', 'Torn' and 'Ascend'? I read them a while back, and really enjoyed them. :)

I was just about to download them off iBooks and they are no longer there. Wish I'd gotten them earlier.

I'm going to have to join with you. :blush:

Me three. It's that instant gratification thing. No need to go to the shop or wait a few days for delivery. If I want to read a book now, I can read it now (providing it's available). I don't think I've ever spent as much on books as I have since I bought my Kindle. :blush:

I'm still reading The Brotherhood of the Rose by David Morrell. I struggle to read much during the week, and when I do read I'm often too tired to absorb it.

Me three. It's that instant gratification thing. No need to go to the shop or wait a few days for delivery. If I want to read a book now, I can read it now (providing it's available). I don't think I've ever spent as much on books as I have since I bought my Kindle. :blush:

Its so so true, even now I have hit a quiet period of work and am browsing Amazon looking for something to download, I haven't even finished the one I am reading......its an addiction.

Hardly any book activity for me, I'm so close to finishing my current read, but every time I pick the book up something else comes along! Am hoping to get it finished today or tomorrow!

I did recieve The Ice Cream Girls - Dorothy Koomson in the post yesterday though!

Hardly any book activity for me, I'm so close to finishing my current read, but every time I pick the book up something else comes along! Am hoping to get it finished today or tomorrow!

I did recieve The Ice Cream Girls - Dorothy Koomson in the post yesterday though!

I have a book somewhere by the same author I think....something about marshmallows...? Haven't read it yet though

What do you think of The Narrows?

Not his best work. Found it boring and very predictable. Really expected something more as 'the poet' was great. I'm reading them in order so have ordered 'the closers' I was also disappointed in Terry being killed off the way he was.