Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

I bought 3 books today with a voucher from Xmas:

Sister by Rosamund Lupton

Someone Else's Son by Sam Hayes :)

and one on looking after Bonsai's seeing as I got one as a present and need to keep it nice.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nooooooooooooooooo. Get thee behind me, Satan Laura, and stop tempting me*! :P

*ETA: Where can I find this list?! :lurker:

:P so sorry hehe, as I can't resist the lovely long book lists, I like to inflict them on everyone else :P

you can find thelist here

sorry in advance for anyone who reads it and gets hooked :P

I've decided I'm going to take part in this challenge :D

- Norman Mailer: The Naked and the Dead

- Andrew Solomon: The Noonday Demon. An Atlas of Depression

I have the Mailer on my wish list and the Solomon sounds quite interesting. I'd better go and look it up I guess! :)

I may have found another long term reading challenge to take part in *sigh :P

Entertainment Weekly have posted a list of the 100 new 'modern' classics! I can honestly say I'm tempted!

Oh no! I wish you would stop looking at reading lists and getting us all addicted! :P:giggle2:

The Color Purple Alice Walker - loved the movie so want to see how the book compares.

Oscar & Lucinda Peter Carey

I'll be interested in your thoughts on these. Both are books I'd like to read one day. :)

Finsihed A Summer Fling by Milly Johnson yesterday so I'm reading Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

I hope you enjoy Flowers for Algernon, Laura. I'll look forward to reading your comments in the reading circle.

sorry in advance for anyone who reads it and gets hooked :P

I don't think you're sorry at all. :P

Oh no! I wish you would stop looking at reading lists and getting us all addicted! :P:giggle2:

I don't think you're sorry at all. :P

:P

Well I thought if I'm addicted then everyone else might be aswell :P

and its also an excuse for me to read books that I would have never attempted before!

I just had a look at the list and I was pleased to see that I have a heap of those books already on my TBR pile (I suppose it's inevitable when my TBR pile is so large). I've also read a good number already. Thanks for posting the link. :)

:P so sorry hehe, as I can't resist the lovely long book lists, I like to inflict them on everyone else :P

I love lists too! :D Thanks.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do this one, but I'll probably make a spreadsheet of it anyway, just for the fun of it! :blush:

WOOHOOO!!!!!

I've finished The Dark Tower: Wolves Of The Calla. What a book. Wizzard and Glass is still my fav. by a long shot but this one is easily the next best on the series so far.

I thought more time could have been spent on the actual battle with the wolves but I love how other Novels have worked their way in there such at the "Sneeches" with "Harry Potter Model" printed on them and the characters are confused as to who Harry Potter is.

Now I can finish the "A Night's Dawn" saga I'll start The Naked God when I get home.

I finished Eats, Shites & Leaves today. A great book to dip into for amusing usage and abusage of the English language.

I also read around 70 pages of Anne's House of Dreams and a couple of short chapters of Everything is Illuminated.

I finished A Chemical Prison - Barbara Nadel last night now its either continue with Iron Council or start one of my other books or even look on the new shelves and find all the books that have been hiding for the last few years at the bottom of a precarious stack.

Kidsmum - The Help is brilliant - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :) I haven't read The Phoenix and the Carpet for years - I hope you enjoy that too!

Thanks I'm really looking forward to reading it :D

I'll be interested in your thoughts on these. Both are books I'd like to read one day. :)

I'll let you know what I think when I get round to reading them :)

I'm halfway through Restless & really enjoying it. I went to another charity shop today looking for Where's Wally books for my youngest who's really into them at the moment, I didn't find any but did come out with

The Case - Book of Sherlock Holmes Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Northhanger Abbey Jane Austen

The Heartbreaker Susan Howatch

Duplicate Death Georgette Heyer

Treasure Island Robert Louis Stevenson

The Adventures of Sally P.G. Wodehouse

The Favoured Child Philippa Gregory

I think charity shops are both a blessing & a curse if you've got a book buying addiction :(

Finished Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer this evening. Mixed feelings about this one, but overall, glad I read it. Might have a light read to tide me over until the weekend, when I must make headway with Gilead by Marilynne Robinson.

I finished Anne's House of Dreams by LM Montgomery. A pleasant read. I only have a few books left in the series. My enjoyment is decreasing just a little with each book, but they're still lovely reads.

I really hope that one day you'll get to visit Price Edward Island, Kylie!! It really is exactly how it is in the books and sooo beautiful :D.

I've only gotten so far as to read the foreward and the introduction of Giants of the Earth: A Saga of the Prairie, but I'm very excited to read more. I'm hoping to gain much perspective on what it was really like for my ancestors to pioneer the prairies :D.

I really hope that one day you'll get to visit Price Edward Island, Kylie!! It really is exactly how it is in the books and sooo beautiful :D.

Oh wow, I'm sooo jealous that you've been there Peace! I hope it hasn't developed too much over the years. If I ever manage to get myself up to Canada, I will definitely check it out!

It was 20 years ago that I was up there, Kylie, but it's definitely one of the best trips I've ever taken. That whole area of PEI and the rest of the Atlantic Provinces is absolutely breathaking. I mean, you can't get much better than the blue sea, red sand and green hills everywhere! :D