Mark Billingham

Ophelia

Has anyone else read any of this writer's books? I am two-thirds of the way through 'Sleepy Head', the first of the series featuring Billingham's detective, Tom Thorne, and which is set in London. I am really enjoying it. Apparently the Thorne novels have been made into a TV series that is due to start soon (on Sky 1, I think), starring David Morrisey as Thorne.

I've read Buried and another couple of his Thorne novels. I enjoyed them but they haven't stayed with me. I'm just about to start Death Message though.

I'm looking forward to see how Thorne translates to TV. (Or David Morrisey's bottom if the script isn't good. :D )

I have read all his books apart from the latest and his first Sleepy Head was in my opinion prob his best. Tom Thorne another good edition to the crime detective series...I also see on the tv that the Peter Robinson series with DCI Banks is to be televised soon with I belive David Morrisey

• 4 months later...

Mark Billingham is the one of the best novelist. he right best crime novels as all knows.He is really very nice at his work.I got his novel with his signature.My friend's dad has a book shop. :-)

Edited by Chrissy
Removed link in signature

I have read all but the last couple of Billingham's Thorne series. They are all good reads and he shows no sign of charachter weariness. Another couple of author's you may wish to take a look at are Michael Robotham ( the Suspect was his 1st in the sreies ) and Craig Russell who writes about a Murder Detective in Hamburg called Jan Fabe. Excellent reads, though with Russell, you need to read them in order !

• 1 year later...

About halfway through , but I've put it down as it's got a bit slow. Won't be trying anymore if he keeps the new charcter in.

So in conclusion if you don't bother with In the dark (not thorne) and also don't bother with good as dead, then Thorne is a good series. Basically he writes out a character that doesn't fulfill a scenario then replaces them with another character that does. What's the point?

Edited by dex