Bookmarks or turned down pages or...?

my bookmark, I use a notecard. I have pretty assorted colors of ROYGB and pick a color that matches the cover of the book the most. I put the title and who its by on the top line, date started on the next, and the page i end on every night. then on the bottom, date finished. Once I have a book completed, I file the notecard alphabetically by title :friends0: i'm a geek. i am aware of this.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my bookmark, I use a notecard. I have pretty assorted colors of ROYGB and pick a color that matches the cover of the book the most. I put the title and who its by on the top line, date started on the next, and the page i end on every night. then on the bottom, date finished. Once I have a book completed, I file the notecard alphabetically by title :friends0: i'm a geek. i am aware of this.

Awww - I think that's a lovely thing to do. :D

When I was little, I had to be restrained from buying bookmarks as I couldn't see one without wanting it :friends0:

To be fair, I still use at least three of them! There's a pretty fish one (it's actually an illustration from a children's book but I can't remember what it is) and two Garfield ones: an Aquarius one and, one of my faves, a purple bookmark with a chunk 'bitten' out of it with Garfield thinking "The book's not bad, but the bookmark is DELICIOUS".

My favourite bookmark is one I picked up years ago in Exeter when I bought Maggie O'Farrell's After You'd Gone. It's a very thin holographic one, with a circle at the top that shows a 3D rose. I'm weirdly attached to it, I think, because of After You'd Gone - I was so blown away by it, that the bookmark is kind of a reminder of incredible some writing can be. I really worry if I can't find it!

At the moment, I'm into orange for some reason. I'm using one my mum made for me when I was little, out of a Frosties box (strange, we didn't eat Frosties!) that was covered with orange paper and has Animals of Farthing Wood stickers that spell 'AMY'. The other is my newest one, a leather(ette) one from the Eden Project.

Isn't it strange how you randomly choose which ones you regulary use? I have others but I tend to use the same ones over and over again.

What a good idea! :D I have two bookmarks I'm using at the moment - there are countless others in various drawers and boxes around the house - but my two favourites are one with pressed flowers inside a plastic cover with a dangling tassle that the cat likes to play with and the other a leather one I bought years ago at Bosworth Battlefield in Leicestershire.

Everyone would know that wasn't true as I'm allergic to children.
LOL - i use this on a regular basis as a way of getting out of every havnig to be around sprogs. :friends0:

LOL - i use this on a regular basis as a way of getting out of every havnig to be around sprogs. :friends0:

It's true whenever I'm around SKs nieces and nephew I break out in bad cases of brokeness...

I could sell you a handmade Wraith bookmark, although I really need to get on and finish the ones from the competition (makes mental note to stop spending so much b**dy time online!)

Is there anything you can't handmake?? :D

At the moment I'm using a council tax bill! Very strange, but it happened to be the best thing around when I started reading my current book.

I also have a nice blue one with pretty embroidery, this one was given to me by a friend when she came back from her holiday in Turkey. Another I have (wondering where right now :D ) is a metal petal. Only just learned in this thread what it's called even though I have one myself! Mine is in the shape of the letter B, my initial. My sister gave it to to me, and I really like the look of it, but it slightly damages the page sometimes.

Most of the time I use a postcard though and not even a themed one, but I like that idea, Ronny!