Lilywhite

What's for Dinner?

Ok, one more question. How do you make your pancake day pancakes. I promise no more questions. I'm really not a dummy, just not informed on some of your food recipes. :)

Ask as many questions as you like! :D Here's the recipe for basic pancake batter that I've used https://www.rivercottage.net/recipes/perfect-pancakes

I've actually also made these and filled with sautéed onions, potatoes and mushroom in a béchamel sauce, put in an oven proof dish, then poured a bit more béchamel on top and then sprinkled some cheese over the top and baked in the oven until the cheese is melted and browned (the original recipe had lardons in too, but I just left them out being a vegetarian :giggle2:).  Depending on how hungry we are, we have two or three filled pancakes per person - delicious! :D

Thanks, I saved the link to my recipe folder. I may try them sometime as they do sound good. I like the dea of lemon.

Egg and chips for us tonight. I can't be bothered to do anything elaborate.  

We are having a nice vegetable stir fry with sweet and sour sauce.  

Salmon with baked potatoes and cucumber :)

We are having BBQ chicken breast, mashed potatoes w/gravy, and peas.

And, a glass of Old Cannery Row Chardonnay.

Tonight we had "sloppy joes" (made with Boca instead of ground beef) and cole slaw as a side.

Tonight we had "sloppy joes" (made with Boca instead of ground beef) and cole slaw as a side.

Sloppy joes were not something I was familiar with but my American sis-in-law made them one time and they were SO scrummy! :character0104:

Waiting to see what my other half is going to cook ... I think it'll be whatever he can cobble together out of the fridge! :D

I made ovenpasta, with rookworst (a certain kind of Dutch sausage), various vegetables, semi-homemade tomatosauce and fusilli.

I tried a new type of pancake and it "bombed". :) The taste was good but it didn't look anything like the photos.

3/4 cup rolled oats

3/4 cup cottage cheese

1 egg

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Dash of salt

Mix all ingredients

Lightly oil a non-stick frying pan and cook pancakes.

My pancakes ended up looking like mush instead of how pancakes are supposed to look. I used an old fry pan and it wasn't as "non-stick" as it used to be, plus I didn't use enough olive oil.

Pancakes are difficult aren't they, and that stuff you buy as a mixture, that's in a bottle and you're just meant to shake it .....ugh, went like wet cement, absolutely vile!

Tonight we are having ham, cabbage, potatoes and green beans cooked together in some chicken broth with some celery seed sprinkled in.

I made quorn mince with frozen veg, cous cous and tomato sauce.

Cheese, mushroom and sweetcorn pie with mashed potatoes and peas, carrots and broccoli. 

Would you explain that one a little more. It sounds delicious.

Would you explain that one a little more. It sounds delicious.

It's pretty basic - button mushrooms and sweetcorn in a béchamel sauce with cheddar cheese and a bit of mustard added, then topped with puff pastry. :)

That sounds good to me.

We are having a frozen roast vegetable pizza from Sainsbury's with a nice salad.