• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Amazon order has arrived, yipee!

The Enchanted Castle: E. Nesbit

The Railway Children: E. Nesbit

The Wind in the Willows: Kenneth Grahame

And my husband said he'll take me to the library later.... :D

Read about a quarter of The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ. I've just started realising what he's trying to say. He is tricksy! Interesting take on the "story of Jesus" though.

I finished The Happy Prince and Other Stories. All the stories were absolutely wonderful. :D

I appear to be in the mood for short stories lately, because I'm about to start The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle and The Lottery and Other Stories by Shirley Jackson.

I finished The Happy Prince and Other Stories. All the stories were absolutely wonderful.

I appear to be in the mood for short stories lately, because I'm about to start The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle and The Lottery and Other Stories by Shirley Jackson.

...both of which are on the Rory list! I'm so jealous that you have The Lottery! I hope you enjoy both of the books, I'll be waiting to see what you think of the lot! :)

I finished The Book Thief. It was really good apart froom that it made me cry, I had to stop reading at one point so my eyes would clear.:D

It's a real tearjerker isn't it, but an amazing book altogether! I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

My Amazon order has arrived, yipee!

The Enchanted Castle: E. Nesbit

The Railway Children: E. Nesbit

The Wind in the Willows: Kenneth Grahame

And my husband said he'll take me to the library later.... ;)

A very good day for you :D I hope your trip to the library was successful and books that were borrowed plentiful :)

I've just started Inferno, by Keith Lowe. It's an account of the Allied bombing of Hamburg during the Second World War.

I'm not normally that interested in military history, but this has a special resonance for me, as my mother grew up in Hamburg during the bombing, and in fact her father was an air raid warden and rescue worker.

A very good day for you :D I hope your trip to the library was successful and books that were borrowed plentiful ;)

The books I already had from the library are (which I didn't take back):

James: The Queen of New Beginnings

Sparks: The Last Song

Gaimon: Stardust

Weiner: Best Friends Forever

Matthews: The Difference A Day Makes

May: The Rise and Fall of the Wonder Girls

Dessen: The Truth About Forever

Cabot: Size 12 Is Not Fat

And I took out:

Noble: The Girl Next Door

Hornby: The Complete Polysyllabic Spree

Plath: The Bell Jar

Johnson: A Spring Affair

Kate, great haul :D Oooh you got The Bell Jar, if you want we could do our own mini-reading group on that one because I bet most of the other Roryites have already read it ;)

Sounds good! I got it out because it is on the list so yeah lets do it! :D

Kate, great haul :D Oooh you got The Bell Jar, if you want we could do our own mini-reading group on that one because I bet most of the other Roryites have already read it :D

Would you mind if I joined in? I've never read it but picked it up (and put it back down) at the book store yesterday. It looks like a good read. ;)

Would you mind if I joined in? I've never read it but picked it up (and put it back down) at the book store yesterday. It looks like a good read. :D

Of course you must join us! ;) Let's mention it in the RG thread if there are others who haven't read it and would like to. I just thought that surely all of you others must have read it by now.

Finished A Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve. Was thinking of starting Possession, but with two books to read for Rory Gilmore and Miss Smilla coming up, I think I will need to choose something quicker and savour Possession after all of those! So many books, so little reading time...:D

I'm now over half way through The Lace Reader, I managed a good hour of reading whilst sat in the hairdressers (getting the badger stripe coloured in), will probably read some more tonight :D

Finished Being Nikki and collected the two books for my reading group in June, which are The Outcast by Sadie Jones (looking forward to this one :D) and The Line of Beauty by Alan Hollinghurst (not looking forward to this in the slightest ;))

Decided to start reading Percy Jackson and the Lightening thief. I am already getting into it which is a good sign, and I think that my mojo is peeking around the corner, waiting for me to have a good reading session.

whey hey!!

Read a bit more of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo today ;)

You know my feelings on that book. you are so god damn lucky to be reading it for the first time.

I have the last one to read, but I just don't want to finish the series, I will be at a lost when I do :D

...both of which are on the Rory list! I'm so jealous that you have The Lottery! I hope you enjoy both of the books, I'll be waiting to see what you think of the lot! :D

I didn't realise they were both on the Rory List! I still haven't gotten around to fixing the Rory posts on my reading list so there are only a couple of dozen titles listed, I think. ;) But it's nice to know I'm knocking more off the list!

Sherlock Holmes is also on the 1001 list, and The Lottery is also for my dystopian challenge. :)

Finished Dexter By Design ~ Jeff Lindsay last night and now can't decide what to read out of;

The Soloist - Steve Lopez

Blindmans Bluff - Faye Kellerman

Kiss of Evil - Richard Montanari

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

The Book Thief! The Book Thief! :D