What Inspired Your User Name?

AbielleRose

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really need to change mine. its after an ex-boyfriend whose nickname was smiler - hence smiler(s)babe. I added the uk since the email I set up with the name was taken. I still have that email and I use smilerbabeuk everywhere even though I have been married for nearly 8 years to someone other than smiler. my husband doesn't know where it came from and most people assume its to do with smiling a lot. I can get away with it until someone asks....

trouble is, what to use instead??!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oceansoul is a song by Nightwish. Here's the lyrics:

One more night

To bear this nightmare

What more do I have to say

Crying for me was never worth a tear

My lonely soul is only filled with fear

Long hours of loneliness

Between me and the sea

Losing emotion

Finding devotion

Should I dress in white and search the sea

As I always wished to be - one with the waves

Ocean Soul

Walking the tide line

I hear your name

Is angels whispering

Something so beautiful it hurts

I only wished to become something beautiful

Through my music, through my silent devotion.

My real name is Kasey...I just did a vowel swap. Because I'm just that creative. :D

Okay, if you want to get technical its a screen name I've used since middle school (age 13) because I was, once upon a time, very interested in Japanese animation and in swapping the vowels my name became the Japanese word for Mars. I've always wanted to be the first person to live on Mars so the name seemed appropriate. It was also the name I gave to the main character of many stories I would write back in those days. A character who was, not surprisingly, a virtual replica of myself at whatever age I happened to be at the time of writing. Kind of an embarrassingly nerdy story, actually. :blush:

Ames was my nickname in college, which started as a bit of a wee-take because I said or did something a bit retartedn(I can't remember what it was) and I actually liked it compared to James... it seems to roll off the tongue better. My current friends all call me Amesy now as well.