What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

Maybe there should be a support group for those who want to de-vamp. I'm sure Betty Fords would jump at the idea!

Um, why would anyone want to de-vamp?! What a silly thought, ii! :D

Blithe, sounds like you made a great haul today! I read Empire Falls a couple of years ago and really truly enjoyed it. It's hard to describe, but Richard Russo has a very 'quiet' way of writing if you know what I mean. He's very similar to a local favorite author of mine, Jon Hassler. I don't know if you've ever read him, but if you like the Russo and are looking for more books like it, Hassler would be one to try.

I read a couple pages of The Struggle this morning before work, but otherwise haven't done much today. Hopefully I'll get some more in this weekend.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. Spoiler-tag hardly needed though, don't know about your edition but mine told me the end ON THE :D BLURB, and repeated it in the introduction just in case I'd missed it. It still affected me (how could it not??), but I think it would have done so even more if I hadn't been preparing myself the whole time...

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the spoiler but thought I'd put it in just in case. My book didn't have the ending on the back so I was kept guessing (and hoping) all along and then WHAM! It happened so suddenly!

Started on Harriet the Spy today. I was talking to my partner about Deathworld 1 (which I finished yesterday) and the sequels and now he has me more excited about reading the sequels. I'll probably end up reading the second one alongside my current read.

We're going for a drive down south today, to a town that I know happens to have a lot of bookshops that I've never been to before. Could be an interesting day...:smile2:

Started on Harriet the Spy today
One of the most beloved books of my childhood - enjoy.

Me, I visited another three bookshops today, and still failed to come out with my bag any heavier. I think I might be sickening for something...

I did, however, make a start on Helene Hanff's "The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street", which I think I'm going to love nearly as much as "84 Charing Cross Road".

Just finished An Irish Country Village Christmas by Patrick Taylor. Now I'm starting trying to decide whether to read Moonstone or The Other Boylen Girl.

The Other Boleyn Girl is a great book Katrina :D

Psstttt I'm quietly cheering for you and your mojo over here, Charm!! :D How are you liking 'Let the Right One In?' I keep thinking that this one needs to be my next purchase.

Thanks peacefield :smile2: It's actually pretty good, I'm just about half way through it and it has got to the point where I just want to find out what happens next. I really want to see the film now too :)

I went to the library this morning and took out Inkheart, The End of Mr. Y by Scarlette Thomas and After Dark by Haruki Murakami

Great three there Kate :smile2: I have only read Mr. Y so far which I enjoyed but the other two are on my wishlist and look equally enjoyable, hope you enjoy them all....alot of enjoys :D