Jasper Fforde

I have some vouchers to spend on Amazon, and I was lookign at his. I have to say, despite the comments on here, the books aren't 'grabbing me'. Should I go for it?

You may want to try one book and then if you like it go for the other 3 in the Thursday Next series. If you decide to try them read The Eyre Affair first.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'd never been moved to try any of Fforde's books till I was very kindly lent The Big Over Easy & I really enjoyed it - so much so that I went & got The Eyre Affair. I've not read it yet, due to reading other books I've borrowed, but I'm dying to get to it!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
I know. But I had already started SR, when I checked the thread, and saw the order. Bit too late!

But you can still go back and read the others in order ....after.... finishing Something Rotten.B)

Just noticed that the new book (due in about a months time), First Among Sequels, isn't going to have a "classic" cover. I'm gutted - I don't mind the Jack Spratt covers looking different to out Thurs but I don't want them to look the same. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just read the fifth book in the Thursday Next series called First Among Sequels.

Small sections of certain conversations are missing from the text and so you can go onto Fforde's website and print off the missing text - there are gaps in the book so that you can stick in the text.

You can then print off a certificate which says that the book has been 'upgraded' and stick that in the front of the book.

It's a fun idea, but I'm not sure everyone would want to stick in bits of paper to complete certain conversations.

you can go onto Fforde's website and print off the missing text - there are gaps in the book so that you can stick in the text.

..................... but I'm not sure everyone would want to stick in bits of paper to complete certain conversations.

I wouldn't! What if you have no access to the internet at that particular time! :)

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through Lost in a Good Book and am totally loving it! I have the next two Thursday Next books waiting to be read also, and am SOOOOO looking forward to getting to them!