Charlotte's Web

Tiger

I read Charlotte's Web on holiday... and loved it!

My fave character was Avery because he was quite funny! I was relieved when Wilbur didn't become a slice of bacon or a pork chop!

I understand that this book is a classic. Does anyone remember reading it?

Oh Kell! I didn't know it was a film! I bet it's good, but I don't like films that make me cry that much! :oops: I'll watch out for this one then!!!

Yup, it was made into an animated film back in 1973. you can see a bit about it here: http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0070016/

There's a live action remake in production right now too: http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0413895/

It'll be out at Xmas. Guess what I'll be going to see!

Charlotte is the only spider who diesn't make me shudder at the very thought of her!

Charlotte's Web was a book I studied in English many many years ago. I can vaguely remember it, I definitely remember it being great. As a reward for end of term finishing, we also watched the film.

I think I may have to reread this one to jog my memory, it's not what it used to be!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We had to read this at primary school, I must have read it 3 times as a child, and watched the film at least that too.

It never failed to make me cry.

A bit out of fashion now, I think, but a wonderful book.

• 3 years later...

The only book I ever had read to me (at school), and if we didn't behave the teacher threatened not to have story-time that day!! We all loved the book so much, and would wail when she had to stop; begging for just one more page....

E. B. White is one of my all-time favorite writers! He also wrote "Stuart Little" (made into a movie with Michael J. Fox doing Stuart's voice) and countless essays for The New Yorker magazine. His writing style is very succinct, and humorous.

• 1 year later...

I read Charlotte's Web when I was pretty young. I remember loving it, but my favorite by E.B. White was The Trumpet of the Swan. I would suggest to anyone who loves endearing children stories. :)