• Announcements

• Hayley

Something Wicked This Way Comes...   10/09/2019

The Autumn Supporter Giveaway!       Welcome to the very first of the seasonal BCF supporter giveaways! This month also marks one year since I took on the forum, so I want to say an extra huge thank you to all of you for keeping this place going. I have a little bit more to say about that later but, for now, let's get to the giveaway!     The Autumn Giveaway winner will be getting two Penguin Little Black Classics, The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe and To Be Read At Dusk by Charles Dickens. Both of these little books contain three atmospheric short stories, perfect for autumnal evenings. The winner will also get Mary Shelley tea (a lavender and vanilla black tea) from Rosie Lea Tea's Literary Tea Collection (https://www.rosieleatea.co.uk/collections/literary-tea-collection) and a chocolate skull, to really get that spooky atmosphere .   and...   A special treat for a special month. The winner will choose one of the following recent paperback releases from the independent bookshop Big Green Bookshop:       The Wych Elm by Tana French A House of Ghosts by W.C. Ryan Melmoth by Sarah Perry The Familiars by Stacey Halls  The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White   The winner will be chosen via the usual random selection process in one week. Patreon supporters are entered automatically. If you aren't a patreon supporter but you'd like to join in with this giveaway, you can support here: https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum.   I really hope you're all going to like this introduction to the seasonal giveaways. It's been a lot of fun to put together. Other chocolate skulls may have been harmed during the selection process…     
Janet

Which country are you from?

What country are you from?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What country are you from?

I'm originally from the north east of England, just upfrom Newcastle, but I've spent most of my life in Scotland - mostly in the Aberdeen area, but a short stint in Fife too.

Scots born and bred.

Born Forth Park Maternity, Kirkcaldy, Fife.

Born in the William Harvey Hospital in Ashford, Kent, live in Dover :D

I'm English - born down here in Sussex where I still am :D

I am Maltese. :D)

For some reason Maureen, I always thought you were from England, living in Malta :irked:

I'm from New Zealand. I was born in Auckland in the North Island but now live in the upper part of the South Island. Contrary to popular belief, we can't walk to Australia when the tide is out. :irked:

This explains why you're always on so late our time :D I thought you were just a night owl! lol :lol:

Lol Charm, I quite often miss the British/Scottish/Irish contingent altogether, because they've all gone to bed.

I'm from Canada - born & raised in a tiny town of 3500 people on the east coast. Moved to Toronto for University & work, then over here (via Ireland).

English

Born just outside Wolverhampton, lived in Kent for five years, Chester for six years, Liverpool (Formby) for another five years, London for four, then B'ham Uni, Birmingham for a few years and back now outside Wolverhampton about 10 minutes from where I was born although rest of family are no longer anywhere near!

I'm sure I've been to Joensu? Is it North or am I getting confused. Have been to and loved Helsinki and Savonlinna.

Joensuu is in the East and it's quite close to Savonlinna, maybe a two hour's drive away from it to the North.

I voted England, but only because there is no option for Cornwall!

I'm from Fife in Scotland. Help ma boab, heres a view looking from my front door.

2007_02070009.jpg

Is that the Wallace Monument?

Yes it is:mrgreen:

Wow that looks amazing! You have views like I do. We can see for miles in every direction - sometimes I feel like I'm living on top of the world! It's glorious in the summer, not so great in the winter lol

Yes it is:mrgreen:

Aha! Here's one I took, a few years back:

wmrw6.jpg