The Apprentice

LucyD

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian deserved to go, truth be told so did Kevin (Dyfed :lol: )- I cant be the only one who thinks he looks like Matt Lucas?

I like Simon - infact at the moment he is my favourite, in my opinion he should not have been brought back into the boardroom.

I didnt rate the girls leader and I think a lot of their kitchen mistakes must have been covered up.

I meant Simon :lol: - the ex army one

Yeah, I like him too. He really showed some leadership in that task and yet was said to be negative. I remember him firmly stating that they needed costs before they set prices and also in the tomato buying facade (can you believe that idiot is a Bank Manager?) he also suggested buying a huge sack of tomatoes as that would be in everything.

In the end the 'Head Chef' bought loads of jars of sauces and ready-made pizza bases. Doh!

The 'loser' seemed very uncomfortable during the after show discussions.

I predict Sam to win :lol:

You obviously mean Simon. I picked him out 2 weeks ago, fancy you and I picking the same one, must be something in our blood. :lol:

I think the whole bunch of girls is rubbish, perhaps the only exception is the one I think is called Karen. who wanted to do the English menu. I agree with her. Pub meals? Definitely should be English I think, sure to be a winner.

Did none of you notice Nick voting for the Bollywood theme too?

I'm sure that swayed at least a couple of them that may have been undecided.

I quite like Sweary Sara, even if she is a bit squeaky. I think (from the clips of next week) that Lucinda may be shown to be a bit of a victim. Worse than a bully in many ways. Bah!

Looks like they split the genders too. Good. We get to see them a little better when that happens

I couldn't decide whether I wanted Simon, Claire or Lucinda to go - they were all dreadful.

The way Sir Alan was ranting at Claire, I thought he would sack her, so I was surprised when he made her team leader for next week and told her to get out.

I don't know what the point of Lucinda is, she seems to have been useless every week. I would like to see her as the other team leader next time, so she can show if she can actually do anything.

Incidentally, I thought that the David Beckham lookalike was very good and rather nice looking!

• 2 weeks later...

I really wanted Claire to go - asides the exclusivity thing Lucinda's team definitely performed better.

IMHO Claire was rubbish and her team were not much better - it was sheer luck of getting that last deal that saved them, they deserved to loose. I think it was Alex who said if you 'fail to prepare and be prepared to fail' and that said it all about Claire's organisational skills.

My favs this week are Alex, Helene and Lee.

I was surprised that Sir Alan didn't get rid of Jenny - it looked like he was going to, then suddenly it was Lindi who went.

I agree with Esiotrot that Lucinda's team definitely did the best, they were much more organised and professional, like when they did a proper taste test. The other team just turned up late, and when they found no-one there, asked two (possibly tipsy) men in the pub to taste their ice cream!

I was definitely surprised that Lucinda was so organised and good at management - I really did think she was useless before this week. However, she did herself no favours in the boardroom when she started tale-telling: "Helene said that Jenny was an evil b**ch!" You could see Sir Alan's eyes glaze over at that point.

Kevin deserved to go - he was rubbish, what a stupid idea! They tried hard to make Sara a scapegoat which was unfair - she did offer a few ideas but was shouted down by Jenny who was hell bent on ensuring her idea was chosen. Kevin was clutching at straws bringing Sara back into the boardroom, Jenny should have been there.

I still like Alex he keeps his mouth shut and doesnt get involved in the bitching but the look on his face says it all - not sure if he is proving his worth though.

2 uncomfortable points -

Jenny and Helene's treatment of Lucinda, she was reduced to a tea girl by the looks of it, she isnt a strong enough character to make it.

Lee shouting at Sara when she returned to the house - uncalled for and has slightly changed my opinion of him.

Favs are still Alex, Helene and Lee.

I thought last night's bullying of Sara was dreadful. They have all obviously decided to make her the scapegoat. As Esiotrot said, everytime she opened her mouth she was shouted down by Jenny. Even after, when she returned to the house, they wouldn't let her speak to defend herself. It was really vicious bullying, especially by that tall guy (Lee?) - he was vile. :) I hate to think what sort of treatment she is going to get next week.

Kevin deserved to go, but I think if he hadn't been stupid and had taken Jenny into the boardroom "Sralan" would have fired her instead. But Kevin has been useless before.

Rafe has gone up in my opinion - he was articulate in the pitches and stuck up for Sara at the house.

I agree LR06 - didnt think much of him at all, the look on Sir Alans face when he shouted out was priceless. From Michaels comments at the end I take it he was a friend of Kevins.

BTW I am loving the deeper involvement of Margaret and Nick - especially when they contradict a contestant and land them in it!

What I'm confused by is that the team said Sara did very little and yet Ruthless Alex did even less!!!! He even sat (on a number of occassions) and didn't even nod when Kevin was talking (droning) to him

But he gets away with his machiavellian behaviour because he's pwetty. He should have gone on week one and only didn't because Nick's argument was poor

Anyway, glad Kevin went, he made bile rise in my throat the way he slaughtered the english language and droned on as if he was the most important man in the world. How on earth did this charisma-less berk end up as a Bank Manager???????

Just need to get rid of Claire, Jenny, Helene and Alex now.

I think Lee will win. Just something in my waters tells me so. I think Raef would be the most deserving winner (so far) but they rarely win and I doubt SAS would go for him

~V~, I totally agree with you about Alex. Perhaps it was the way the programme was edited, but I didn't see him contribute one idea or even speak! All he does is look scornful when someone else makes a mistake, while he doesn't even try to do anything.

And please, could someone tell me where should that apostrophe go?! Not knowing is driving me nuts! I went for after the s, ie singles', but I'm not sure and I'm usually OK with punctuation. It was really funny that they debated it for 3.5 hours!

And please, could someone tell me where should that apostrophe go?! Not knowing is driving me nuts! I went for after the s, ie singles', but I'm not sure and I'm usually OK with punctuation. It was really funny that they debated it for 3.5 hours!

There isn't an apostrophe at all. It should have just been 'National Singles Day' because it's a day for all 'singles'. :)

There isn't an apostrophe at all. It should have just been 'National Singles Day' because it's a day for all 'singles'. :smile2:

Doesn't that mean there should be an apostrophe after the s? If the day belongs to all singles???????:D That is how I was taught anyway.