What's Up in April? - 2015

Athena

Ann, I feel for you. I'm an English major (3 credits to go) with a minor in History. Yes, I DO know what you're going through. It sucks all the enjoyment of writing the actual paper (that's if you actually enjoy the subject). Have you used the Purdue OWL? Here's the link. I've found it very useful. https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/03/

My English teacher (yes love the subject, its my major too) said he didn't care which search engine we chose, as long as we had it in the Works Cited.  With is another pain in the :censored: But that Purdue OWL might be helpful in finding a book or "scholarly journal" :roll:Since the class and lab are not linked, I think I will just make something up for the lab and hope for the best, we have to link 5 sources for the paper we are writing and they must be each from a newspaper/ magazine, scholarly journal, website and book, plus the summery and "evidence" for finding and using the material :lol:  :mellow:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been here much (again) the last few days. Reading mojo has been slightly on the blink, but hoping to get back on track now. Just had my mind a little derailed by a few things.

Only four days of freedom before I go back to work - and I have nothing planned. What I wouldn't give to go to the beach, but they're all so far away from me and I don't drive!

Spring has been nice this year for the shrubs and flowers. Our ornamental red maple is the nicest that it has been. The snowball bush is loaded with "snowballs". All 3 lilac bushes were nice, all 3 are different colors. And, my favorite....the fringe tree is really doing well. :)

Spring has been nice this year for the shrubs and flowers. Our ornamental red maple is the nicest that it has been. The snowball bush is loaded with "snowballs". All 3 lilac bushes were nice, all 3 are different colors. And, my favorite....the fringe tree is really doing well. :)

Hopefully photos to come :) Fringe tree? Don't know that one.

Hopefully photos to come :) Fringe tree? Don't know that one.

The Lilac Bushes are young and still relatively small. The one Lilac is kinda bluish, the other more a lavender, and my favorite the purple. The purple is from a piece of my late Dad's Lilac which was very old. I had it planted at my previous house in Virginia but the deer kept eating it down to the ground. This is the first in a sense that it has had a chance to grow when we brought it with us to North Carolina. I have developed a deer repellent that really works and I don't have to worry much about deer now. :)

The Fringe Tree is young and is a slow grower. It has a wonderful aroma to it. In Virginia we had a Fringe Tree that was about 15 feet tall and wide and was really pretty and we could smell the wonderful aroma from a big distance

Edited by muggle not

Anna, good luck :friends0:!

They are having a talent show at work in June which both staff and clients have been invited to take part in, so thinking it would be a really good laugh I decided to enter with Coran (my husband, even though he doesn't work there) doing what we have decided to call the mop and bucket dance. The first rehearsal was yesterday afternoon and it was brilliant - we bought the house down and the clients haven't stopped talking about it all day !  :smile:

I'm glad it was fun :)!

I've been puttering around the house getting things ready for my grands. They'll be coming in tonight for a long weekend visit. I've missed them SO much! I also went into the shed and brought out three boxes of books. Opening them up was like opening the door to my best friends!

I hope you have fun :)!

Only four days of freedom before I go back to work - and I have nothing planned. What I wouldn't give to go to the beach, but they're all so far away from me and I don't drive!

I hope you enjoy your weekend :)

Muggle Not, those photos are beautiful!

Today I hope to do a lot of reading, as it's the read-a-thon. I will also be doing some chores and I'll spend a bit of time with my parents and boyfriend.

Attached are a few photos of the Red Maple and the Snowball Bush.

So pretty! Did you plant the snowball tree? If you did, it's grown to a good size. The maple is a gorgeous colour. 

The Lilac Bushes are young and still relatively small. The one Lilac is kinda bluish, the other more a lavender, and my favorite the purple. The purple is from a piece of my late Dad's Lilac which was very old. I had it planted at my previous house in Virginia but the deer kept eating it down to the ground. This is the first in a sense that it has had a chance to grow when we brought it with us to North Carolina. I have developed a deer repellent that really works and I don't have to worry much about deer now. :)

The Fringe Tree is young and is a slow grower. It has a wonderful aroma to it. In Virginia we had a Fringe Tree that was about 15 feet tall and wide and was really pretty and we could smell the wonderful aroma from a big distance

So nice to have a piece of your Dad's old lilac :) We have an old white lilac that an elderly lady visiting here remembered growing when her grandmother lived here.

And the Fringe tree!! I don't think I've ever seen one of those before, it's simply gorgeous. Thank you for sharing those Muggle:)

It's decidedly nippy out considering it's the May Day bank holiday weekend … was hoping for the warmer weather to have settled in by now!  I guess I'll just have to make do with a long weekend reading, snuggled up somewhere warm instead. 

Wishing everyone in the UK a happy bank holiday weekend! :D

So pretty! Did you plant the snowball tree? If you did, it's grown to a good size. The maple is a gorgeous colour. 

So nice to have a piece of your Dad's old lilac :) We have an old white lilac that an elderly lady visiting here remembered growing when her grandmother lived here.

And the Fringe tree!! I don't think I've ever seen one of those before, it's simply gorgeous. Thank you for sharing those Muggle:)

Yes, I planted the snowball bush. It has grown nicely but I need to prune it and thin it out just a little. I actually planted all the trees and shrubs except fro some in the front of the house. The fringe tree is more of a tree/shrub. I also have a fringe "tree" in the front of the house but it isn't in flower yet.