Your Book Activity - June 2014

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I started Dixie City Jam by James Lee Burke. I didn't think I had read it, but at almost a third of the way in, it is coming back to me.

Last night I started Dixie City Jam by James Lee Burke. I didn't think I had read it, but at almost a third of the way in, it is coming back to me.

Try this one by JLB...........Heaven's Prisoners (Dave Robicheaux Mysteries)

I guarantee it. :)

Try this one by JLB...........Heaven's Prisoners (Dave Robicheaux Mysteries)

I guarantee it. :)

:D. I started with Neon Rain years ago , after you recommended JLB. I like to read series in order if possible.

AIE: finished above, review later.

Have started The First Man in Rome by Colleen McCullough.

Edited by pontalba

:D. I started with Neon Rain years ago , after you recommended JLB. I like to read series in order if possible.

AIE: finished above, review later.

Have started The First Man in Rome by Colleen McCullough.

My mistake! You are correct. It is definitely best to read the JLB "Dave Robicheaux" series in order.

Hoorah...finished a book quite quickly!  'Small Wars' by Sadie Jones. I had read The Outcast before and enjoyed and this was also good.

Finally finished The Blackest Streets and now embarking on Pied Piper by Nevil Shute. It's the next on the pile of books due back to the library!

Edited by Alexi

I'm making good progress with Pandora's Star (the first book in the Commonwealth series by Peter F. Hamilton). Some really interesting plot twists have happened and I'm very eager to keep on reading.

I should have Pandora's Star finished soon, I'm enjoying it a lot and not that many pages left now. I plan on reading something shorter and lighter after this. I will start Judas Unchained (the second part in the duology) soon but would like to read one or multiple lighter, less complicated books in between.

I just finished Jung Chang's Wild Swans.  Wow.  Review in my thread.

Like Athena, I think I need something lighter in between this and another epic like or longer book.  I'm thinking of the YA Thirteen Reasons Why By Jay Asher, but I might need some Reacher to cleanse my palate. :P

Needing an easy read, so I have started a Debbie Macomber. I haven't read one of hers in a while.

16 Lighthouse Road.....so far a nice light read.

I should have Pandora's Star finished soon, I'm enjoying it a lot and not that many pages left now. I plan on reading something shorter and lighter after this. I will start Judas Unchained (the second part in the duology) soon but would like to read one or multiple lighter, less complicated books in between.

So glad you are enjoying it. There is so much detail in that book, it was really interesting to read. I need a break before starting Judas Unchained, though it is on this years TBR pile.

I'm 50% through Midnight's Children. It's a bit of a struggle, with a lot of ups and downs. I have also been distracted by a new phone to play with, so I really must pull myself away from that and carry on reading. I downloaded the Kindle app for it and that's pretty good. :boogie:

I'm glad you're enjoying your new phone BB :)!

I've finished Pandora's Star and Richard Wiseman - Quirkology: Onalledaags Onderzoek naar Ons Dagelijks Leven and plan on starting Judas Unchained soon since I'm eager to see what will happen in the story. I hope you get around to reading it this year, BB :).

Finished the first in The Dark Tower series The Gunslinger, while its not my favourite in the series i enjoyed it more 2nd time round as i picked up stuff i didnt get 1st time round.

I'm glad you're enjoying your new phone BB :)!

I hope you get around to reading it this year, BB :).

Thank you - I'm enjoying it a bit too much! :hide:

I will try to get around to reading it this year - don't want to leave it too long in case I forget the storyline - but this year is going so fast, and I have so many books that I want to read. :o

I will try to get around to reading it this year - don't want to leave it too long in case I forget the storyline - but this year is going so fast, and I have so many books that I want to read. :o

I recognise this problem :D.