Read-a-thon - (2013-2015)

Athena

I think my last name is going to make this a bit more difficult for me than some of you others, my last name starting with a K :D Stephen King was the only author I could come up with without looking at my TBR list! Oh and Sophie Kinsella, but I don't have any books by her that I haven't yet read. (And I don't want to do a re-read)

I think you should be allowed to go for a letter to either side of K. Hmm, I wonder if you have any books starting with a J? Oh, I know! What about The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster? What a coinkydink!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you should be allowed to go for a letter to either side of K. Hmm, I wonder if you have any books starting with a J? Oh, I know! What about The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster? What a coinkydink!

:lol: What a fantastical coinkydink! I wonder how you came up with the letter J and not I instead? :shrug::D

Edited by frankie

Thanks Athena for being so patient and explaining the rules for me :blush:  :flowers2:  Yes, 13 books would be insane, but it's that kind of insane that excites me and inspires me, although I know for sure that I couldn't read 13 books :lol: And you weren't being unclear at all! I could've checked things out for myself, too, so it's just my own laziness :blush: 

Yep, S is a lot easier :D But compared to my library of K books, you would have quite a few to choose from, if your last name started with K. But then again, you are Dutch and maybe K is a more common letter to start a last name over there than in the UK. Over here 'k' is a very common letter in Finnish. :) Imagine the people whose last name starts with å, ä or ö :D:blush: 

(Since you're doing the booktubeathon, I was wondering if we should/could/ought to start a specific thread for that. It might be fun.... Hm!)

You're welcome :friends3:!

'K' is somewhat common here, yes! My brother's girlfriend's last name is 'Kuijpers' for example. I can't imagine å, ä or ö! That would be very difficult :o.

In Dutch, I wouldn't call the 'ë' a different letter than the 'e', because of language rules, we only write ë if it is necessary for the spelling of the word to I think duplicate the vowel sound or such, for example, one idea: 'idee', two ideas: 'ideeën', pronounced as 'idee-en'. The same goes for ï. I don't think we have any words with ä or ö that I can think of, in Dutch.

Finnish is pretty special that it's got those extra letters :).

I shall start a new thread! But do we post the progress for the usual read-a-thon Fri-Sat-Sun in this thread or there :unsure:? Well, I'll start the thread either way.

'K' is somewhat common here, yes! My brother's girlfriend's last name is 'Kuijpers' for example. I can't imagine å, ä or ö! That would be very difficult :o.

You know, I thought that 'k' is probably more common over there, too, compared to English :) Kuijpers sounds like a great last name!! :) 

Ä and Ö would be difficult even for Finns even though we have those letters in our language. I can't think of a single author whose last name (or first name!) starts with ä or ö. But then again, it's just as likely that there aren't all that many readers whose names start with that. Phew! :D 

In Dutch, I wouldn't call the 'ë' a different letter than the 'e', because of language rules, we only write ë if it is necessary for the spelling of the word to I think duplicate the vowel sound or such, for example, one idea: 'idee', two ideas: 'ideeën', pronounced as 'idee-en'. The same goes for ï. I don't think we have any words with ä or ö that I can think of, in Dutch.

That makes sense! :) 

For us, ä and ö aren't a and o with umlauts, and a case of making the vowel longer. They are completely different vowels and pronounced completely differently :) 

I shall start a new thread! But do we post the progress for the usual read-a-thon Fri-Sat-Sun in this thread or there :unsure:? Well, I'll start the thread either way.

Cool! :) I think the usual read-a-thon posts ought to go in this thread, of course, but it's up to any individual. I think the booktubeathon posts could go in the specific thread, but if there's any overlapping (as in if you're reading a specific book for the booktubeathon but are reading it on Fri/Sat/Sun), you can post in both threads. I think that would make sense :)

Edited by frankie

For us, ä and ö aren't a and o with umlauts, and a case of making the vowel longer. They are completely different vowels and pronounced completely differently :)

That makes sense, I never knew that :).

Cool! :) I think the usual read-a-thon posts ought to go in this thread, of course, but it's up to any individual. I think the booktubeathon posts could go in the specific thread, but if there's any overlapping (as in you're reading a specific book for the booktubeathon but are reading it on Fri/Sat/Sun), you can post in both threads. I think that would make sense :)

That sounds like a good idea :)!

That makes sense, I never knew that :).

This is going off-topic, but it changes the whole meaning of the word if you put 'a' instead of 'ä' or vice versa (and sometimes it'll turn into a word that doesn't make sense or isn't a word). For instance... let me think... Hm.... it's difficult, because with 'a' in the word, you can only use 'i', 'e', 'o', 'u', in the same word, and with 'ä' you can only use 'i', 'e', 'y' and 'ö'. For example, there aren't any words in Finnish that would have both ä and o in the same word. Only i and e are the ones that can occur with both a and ä. So it's not easy to find an example... Oooh I just thought of one, phew. Häkä vs haka. Häkä means carbon monoxide fumes, and haka means latch and/or pasture :) 

This is going off-topic, but it changes the whole meaning of the word if you put 'a' instead of 'ä' or vice versa (and sometimes it'll turn into a word that doesn't make sense or isn't a word). For instance... let me think... Hm.... it's difficult, because with 'a' in the word, you can only use 'i', 'e', 'o', 'u', in the same word, and with 'ä' you can only use 'i', 'e', 'y' and 'ö'. For example, there aren't any words in Finnish that would have both ä and o in the same word. Only i and e are the ones that can occur with both a and ä. So it's not easy to find an example... Oooh I just thought of one, phew. Häkä vs haka. Häkä means carbon monoxide fumes, and haka means latch and/or pasture :)

Wow, that is very interesting, thanks for posting this :)! I love learning things like this about other languages.

To bring the topic more 'on-topic', here are some of the books I plan on reading for the read-a-thon (this list will also be posted in the BookTube-A-Thon thread).

First off, there are certain authors / books I always read for the read-a-thon. This time they are:

Ann M. Martin - De BabySitter's Club 6: Een Grote Dag voor Gertie (Kristy's Big Day) (re-read)

Ann M. Martin - De BabySitter's Club 11: Gertie en de Snobs(Kristy and the Snobs) (re-read)

A. C. Baantjer - Baantjer 49: De Cock en het Lijk op Drift

Disney - Donald Duck Dubbel Pocket 8 (re-read)

Then I'll read these for the challenges (see other topic for more information):

Tais Teng - De Zoon van de Slang

Bies van Ede - Het Duivelsbeeld

Enid Blyton - De Dolle Tweeling 5-6: In Spanning & Overwint (St. Clare 5-6: Claudine at St. Clare's & Fifth Formers of St. Clare's)

These only if I get around to them, depending on when I finish the above and how long I think I will need for my library loans (some of them are quite short and re-reads usually read a bit quicker, we shall see though how things go as it's noon now and I haven't read any page in a book yet.):

Francine Oomen - De Computerheks 1: De Computerheks (re-read)

Robert Jordan, Chuck Dixon, Mike Miller and Harvey Tolibao - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 0: New Spring

Marie-José Balm, Jos van Hest and Marjolein Krijger - N46: Blauw: Mini-Informatie (re-read)

William van den Akker - N195: Voedsel Bewaren: Informatie (re-read)

Kjartan Poskitt (ill. Daniel Postgate) - Waanzinnig om te Weten: Echt Gigantisch Dat Heelal (The Knowledge: The Gobsmacking Galaxy) (re-read)

Paul Arnoldussen and Marja Baeten (ill. Joep Bertrams) - Die van Hiernaast en van de Overkant (re-read)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 11: De Glimlach van Lisa (Il Sorriso Di Monna Topisa)

I will definitely, hopefully read these as they are my library loans:

Alice Pantermüller and Daniela Kohl - De Knotsgekke Wereld van Lotte Wirwar 1: Wat een Beestenboel! (Mein Lotta-Leben 1: Alles Voller Kaninchen)

Jeff Kinney - Het Leven van een Loser 7: Zwaar de Klos (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 7: The Third Wheel)

Tim Collins - Nurdius Maximus 1: Het Dagboek van Nurdius Maximus (Dorkius Maximus 1: Diary of Dorkius Maximus)

Tim Collins - Nurdius Maximus 2: Het Dagboek van Nurdius Maximus in Egypte (Dorkius Maximus 2: Diary of Dorkius Maximus in Egypt)

Tim Collins - Nurdius Maximus 3: Het Dagboek van Nurdius Maximus in Pompeï (Dorkius Maximus 3: Diary of Dorkius Maximus in Pompeii)

Geronimo Stilton - De Reis om de Wereld in 80 Dagen (Il Giro del Mondo in 80 Giorni)

Geronimo Stilton - Superhelden 3: De Aanval van de Krekelwroeters (Supereroi 3: L'Assalto dei Grillitalpa)

Jeanne Willis (ill. Jim Field) - SuperCat 2: SuperCat vs the Party Pooper

Philip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre - Cakes in Space

Kate Pankhurst - Mariella Mystery 5: Mariella Mystery Investigates the Spaghetti Yeti

Sally Gardner (ill. David Roberts) - Wings & Co 1: Operation Bunny

Jeremy Strong - The Hundred-Mile-An-Hour-Dog 1: Lost! The Hundred-Mile-An-Hour-Dog

Jeremy Strong - Cows, Chickens, Aliens And ... Orang-utans?! 3: Batpants!

Meg Cabot - Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls 1: Moving Day

Garth Nix - One Beastly Beast: Two Aliens, Three Inventors, Four Fantastic Tales

Jamie Rix - Grizzly Tales 1: Nasty Little Beasts: Cautionary Tales for Lovers of SQUEAM

Rory Growler - Me & My Monsters 4: Monster School!

Adny Stanton (ill. David Tazzyman) - Mr. Gum 7: Mr Gum and the Cherry Tree

Margaret Mahy (ill. Tony Ross) - Tale of a Tail

(most of them are pretty short books with big letters, I expect most of them will take no longer than an hour, possibly less than that).

If anyone else knows what they want to read, please post :).

I will be reading

Will You Be Quiet, Please by Raymond Carver

What We Talk About When We Talk About Love by Raymond Carver

These are short story collections that will be re-reads

Interspersed with those will be short stories by

The Plagiarist by Hugh Howey 

The Box by Hugh Howey

Total Recall- Phillip K Dick

That's about 500 pages.  If Total Recall doesn't work out or I have more time, I'd like to read the short stories from Breakfast at Tiffany's, the short story The Old Equations by Jake Kerr (this has been on the Kindle For-ever) or some from Selected Stories 1968- 1994 by Alice Munro.

:lol: What a fantastical coinkydink! I wonder how you came up with the letter J and not I instead? :shrug::D

Because J comes before L, of course! :P

And it didn't make sense to check out L authors once I made the amazingly random discovery of the J book. :D

I will be reading

Will You Be Quiet, Please by Raymond Carver

What We Talk About When We Talk About Love by Raymond Carver

These are short story collections that will be re-reads

Interspersed with those will be short stories by

The Plagiarist by Hugh Howey 

The Box by Hugh Howey

Total Recall- Phillip K Dick

That's about 500 pages.  If Total Recall doesn't work out or I have more time, I'd like to read the short stories from Breakfast at Tiffany's, the short story The Old Equations by Jake Kerr (this has been on the Kindle For-ever) or some from Selected Stories 1968- 1994 by Alice Munro.

I hope you enjoy all of these :D

That's a lot of reading, you guys! :)

Thanks :)! To be fair though most of my books are pretty short children's reads with pictures and big font :blush2:. I could probably not read more than one really old English classic per week or such, as that kind of language use really slows me down. But I enjoy reading these children's books for read-a-thons so :).

My progress for yesterday:

Monday 03-08-2015

45 mins, 120 pages, Ann M. Martin - De BabySitter's Club 6: Een Grote Dag voor Gertie (Kristy's Big Day) (re-read)

45 mins, 120 pages, Ann M. Martin - De BabySitter's Club 11: Gertie en de Snobs(Kristy and the Snobs) (re-read)

1h 10 mins, 139 pages, A. C. Baantjer - Baantjer 49: De Cock en het Lijk op Drift

Total: 2h 40 mins, 379 pages

I didn't read as much as I'd hoped yesterday. I spent a lot of time on this forum and on YouTube and doing other things. I had fun reading these three books though, and I hope to do some more reading today.

Because J comes before L, of course! :P

And it didn't make sense to check out L authors once I made the amazingly random discovery of the J book. :D

Why does J actually come before L. Who invented the completely random order of alphabets! I mean it's not the order by the frequency in which they are used in some randomly chosen text, in a particularly language. 

:giggle2: 

But wouldn't you prefer L because that's the letter in which your own superior last name starts? 

:giggle2::D 

Thanks :)! To be fair though most of my books are pretty short children's reads with pictures and big font :blush2:. I could probably not read more than one really old English classic per week or such, as that kind of language use really slows me down. But I enjoy reading these children's books for read-a-thons so :).

My progress for yesterday:

Monday 03-08-2015

45 mins, 120 pages, Ann M. Martin - De BabySitter's Club 6: Een Grote Dag voor Gertie (Kristy's Big Day) (re-read)

45 mins, 120 pages, Ann M. Martin - De BabySitter's Club 11: Gertie en de Snobs(Kristy and the Snobs) (re-read)

1h 10 mins, 139 pages, A. C. Baantjer - Baantjer 49: De Cock en het Lijk op Drift

Total: 2h 40 mins, 379 pages

I didn't read as much as I'd hoped yesterday. I spent a lot of time on this forum and on YouTube and doing other things. I had fun reading these three books though, and I hope to do some more reading today.

Great progress, a good first day! :smile2: (I know how easy it is to get stuck on here, to read the messages on here rather than a book :blush: I was here practically all day yesterday :blush::giggle2: 

Yeah I noticed they are mostly children's books / YA. I do know that they are easier for you to process and read more of, than classics for example. But surely you don't need to pick classics, either! Contemporary novels are a lot easier :D 

Great progress, a good first day! :smile2: (I know how easy it is to get stuck on here, to read the messages on here rather than a book :blush: I was here practically all day yesterday :blush::giggle2: 

Yeah I noticed they are mostly children's books / YA. I do know that they are easier for you to process and read more of, than classics for example. But surely you don't need to pick classics, either! Contemporary novels are a lot easier :D

I can imagine that :giggle2:.

They are :). That is true, definitely!

Here is my progress of Tuesday and Wednesday:

Tuesday 04-08-2015

1h 25 mins, 510 pages, Disney - Donald Duck Dubbel Pocket 8 (re-read)

15 mins, 35 pages, Tais Teng - De Zoon van de Slang

35 mins, 104 pages, Bies van Ede - Het Duivelsbeeld

Total: 2h 15 mins, 649 pages

I didn't read that much on Tuesday. I had a great day though, I had fun.

Wednesday 05-08-2015

1h 5 mins, 168 pages, Enid Blyton - De Dolle Tweeling 5: De Dolle Tweeling in Spanning (St. Clare 5: Claudine at St. Clare's)

1h 30 mins, 174 pages, Enid Blyton - De Dolle Tweeling 6: De Dolle Tweeling Overwint (St. Clare 6: Fifth Formers of St. Clare's)

30 mins, 80 pages, Francine Oomen - De Computerheks 1: De Computerheks (re-read)

1h 25 mins, 256 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Dixon, Mike Miller and Harvey Tolibao - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 0: New Spring

10 mins, 16 pages, Marie-José Balm, Jos van Hest and Marjolein Krijger - N46: Blauw: Mini-Informatie (re-read)

10 mins, 20 pages, William van den Akker - N195: Voedsel Bewaren: Informatie (re-read)

1h 15 mins, 133 pages, Kjartan Poskitt (ill. Daniel Postgate) - Waanzinnig om te Weten: Echt Gigantisch Dat Heelal (The Knowledge: The Gobsmacking Galaxy) (re-read)

Total: 6h 5 mins, 847 pages

I read quite a lot yesterday. I felt quite tired in the later afternoon, and also down, so I didn't read as much as I could have or would have liked. Yesterday was a better day reading-wise, but because the last part of the day I was feeling pretty crappy, I had a better day overall on Tuesday.

I'm currently re-reading Kjartan Poskitt (ill. Daniel Postgate) - Waanzinnig om te Weten: Echt Gigantisch Dat Heelal (The Knowledge: The Gobsmacking Galaxy), which I hope to finish later today.

Our monthly read-a-thon will start tomorrow, I wish everyone happy reading :readingtwo:!

I started yesterday with the monthly read a thon. 

30 pages- The Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory (finished)

60 pages- Nagasaki: Life After Nuclear War by Susan Southard

116 pages- What We Talk About When We Talk About Love by Raymond Carver

Total= 206 pages

Well done on your progress, Anna :)!

Here's my progress for the last few days:

Thursday 06-08-2015

20 mins, 56 pages, Kjartan Poskitt (ill. Daniel Postgate) - Waanzinnig om te Weten: Echt Gigantisch Dat Heelal (The Knowledge: The Gobsmacking Galaxy) (re-read)

1h, 81 pages, Paul Arnoldussen and Marja Baeten (ill. Joep Bertrams) - Die van Hiernaast en van de Overkant (re-read)

15 mins, 47 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Chase Conley - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 1: Volume 1

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Chase Conley - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 2: Volume 2

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Chase Conley - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 3: Volume 3

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Chase Conley - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 4: Volume 4

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Chase Conley - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 5: Volume 5

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Chase Conley - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 6: Volume 6

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Andie Tong - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 7: Volume 7

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Andie Tong - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 8: Volume 8

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Andie Tong - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 9: Volume 9

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Andie Tong - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 10: Volume 10

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Andie Tong - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 11: Volume 11

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Ronilson Freire - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 12: Volume 12

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Mario Fiorito - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 13: Volume 13

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Mario Fiorito - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 14: Volume 14

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Mario Fiorito - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 15: Volume 15

10 mins, 24 pages, Robert Jordan, Chuck Nixon and Mario Fiorito - The Wheel of Time Graphic Novels 1: The Eye of the World 16: Volume 16

20 mins, 128 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 11: De Glimlach van Lisa (Il Sorriso Di Monna Topisa)

30 mins, 224 pages, Geronimo Stilton - De Reis om de Wereld in 80 Dagen (Il Giro del Mondo in 80 Giorni)

5 mins, 17 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Superhelden 3: De Aanval van de Krekelwroeters (Supereroi 3: L'Assalto dei Grillitalpa)

Total: 5h 10 mins, 937 pages

I read quite a few graphic novel volumes, but since they were on the computer (I bought them through Humble Bundle but my Kindle's screen only shows black-and-white so I read them on the computer) and I really don't like reading books on the computer, it tires me so, I stopped reading them. I read 16 out of 35 volumes that make up the whole story of book 1. I hope to get back to it some time and then maybe read only a couple per day, but it's so tiring reading on the computer, ugh. I much, much prefer paperbooks.

Anyway, I read quite a lot this day, I just wish I'd stopped reading the graphic novels on the computer sooner as it really tired me.

Friday 07-08-2015

40 mins, 175 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Superhelden 3: De Aanval van de Krekelwroeters (Supereroi 3: L'Assalto dei Grillitalpa)

30 mins, 201 pages, Jeanne Willis (ill. Jim Field) - SuperCat 2: SuperCat vs the Party Pooper

40 mins, 215 pages, Philip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre - Cakes in Space

30 mins, 224 pages, Jeff Kinney - Het Leven van een Loser 7: Zwaar de Klos (Diary of a Wimpy Kid 7: The Third Wheel)

30 mins, 188 pages, Alice Pantermüller and Daniela Kohl - De Knotsgekke Wereld van Lotte Wirwar 1: Wat een Beestenboel! (Mein Lotta-Leben 1: Alles Voller Kaninchen)

1h, 192 pages, Tim Collins - Nurdius Maximus 1: Het Dagboek van Nurdius Maximus (Dorkius Maximus 1: Diary of Dorkius Maximus)

15 mins, 63 pages, Tim Collins - Nurdius Maximus 2: Het Dagboek van Nurdius Maximus in Egypte (Dorkius Maximus 2: Diary of Dorkius Maximus in Egypt)

Total: 4h 5 mins, 1258 pages

I read quite a bit this day too.

Saturday 08-08-2015

40 mins, 129 pages, Tim Collins - Nurdius Maximus 2: Het Dagboek van Nurdius Maximus in Egypte (Dorkius Maximus 2: Diary of Dorkius Maximus in Egypt)

50 mins, 192 pages, Tim Collins - Nurdius Maximus 3: Het Dagboek van Nurdius Maximus in Pompeï (Dorkius Maximus 3: Diary of Dorkius Maximus in Pompeii)

45 mins, 176 pages, Kate Pankhurst - Mariella Mystery 5: Mariella Mystery Investigates the Spaghetti Yeti

55 mins, 185 pages, Sally Gardner (ill. David Roberts) - Wings & Co 1: Operation Bunny

35 mins, 137 pages, Jeremy Strong - The Hundred-Mile-An-Hour-Dog 1: Lost! The Hundred-Mile-An-Hour-Dog

Total: 3h 45 mins, 819 pages

I was starting to feel burned out yesterday. I did read for 10 mins in another book, but the library copy is falling apart and I didn't dare to make it worse but continuing on with it, so I've abandoned it. I was feeling burned out anyway, so I took a break from reading.

I've found that a week-long read-a-thon is just too much for me. I think three days, like we normally do, is a pretty good time constraint for me not to get too burned out. A lesson, then.

I hope I'll be able to read a bit more today, but I'm quite tired and a bit burned out.

I would think you'd be a tad burned out, yes :P Did you enjoy the Wheel of Time graphic novels? Other than them being on the computer?

Yes :P.

Yes, I do :). For reading them itself I would rate them highly (though I do prefer the book, as always :P), for the comfort of them being on the computer, I would rate that reading experience low. It was great seeing the characters drawn and everything, and I do want to read the other half of the story.

I hope you feel more like reading soon and that you can take part next month :).

I'm giving up for today. I read one book:

Sunday 09-08-2015

1h 20 mins, 198 pages, Meg Cabot - Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls 1: Moving Day

Total: 1h 20 mins, 198 pages

I don't feel like reading the last few of my library loans and I feel pretty tired in general. I look forward to reading an adult, epic book soon (I've got two choices in mind, but I'm not sure yet which one of them I'll pick).

Yes :P.

Yes, I do :). For reading them itself I would rate them highly (though I do prefer the book, as always :P), for the comfort of them being on the computer, I would rate that reading experience low. It was great seeing the characters drawn and everything, and I do want to read the other half of the story.

I'm so glad you enjoyed them!  I know Wheel of Time is one of your favorites.  :)

I wound up not taking part in this, my mojo has gone a bit finnicky. Struggling to get trough my current read.

Next month, hopefully!

Oh no!  I was thinking about you during this read a thon!  I hope the mojo comes back soon.

I hope you feel more like reading soon and that you can take part next month :).

I'm giving up for today. I read one book:

Sunday 09-08-2015

1h 20 mins, 198 pages, Meg Cabot - Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls 1: Moving Day

Total: 1h 20 mins, 198 pages

I don't feel like reading the last few of my library loans and I feel pretty tired in general. I look forward to reading an adult, epic book soon (I've got two choices in mind, but I'm not sure yet which one of them I'll pick).

That's still great!  I hope you feel better soon :friends0:

Here's what I did yesterday, I though it was more, but I didn't read much at night.

8/8:

40 pages, What We Talk About When We Talk About Love

125 pages, Nagasaki: Life After Nuclear War

Total: 165 pages

So not too great, disappointing.  We watched a movie last night instead, but I was anxious to get back to Nagasaki.

Edited by Anna Begins

I'm so glad you enjoyed them!  I know Wheel of Time is one of your favorites.  :)

That's still great!  I hope you feel better soon :friends0:

Thanks, I'm feeling a bit better today :).

Here's what I did yesterday, I though it was more, but I didn't read much at night.

8/8:

40 pages, What We Talk About When We Talk About Love

125 pages, Nagasaki: Life After Nuclear War

Total: 165 pages

So not too great, disappointing.  We watched a movie last night instead, but I was anxious to get back to Nagasaki.

I'm sorry you felt you didn't do so well :(. I hope you enjoyed what you did read though, and that you'll enjoy the conclusion of the books you're reading.

It's probably way too soon to tell anyone, but just in case anyone is looking for it, the next read-a-thon will in principle take place on Friday, Saturday, Sunday the 4th, 5th and 6th of September.

• 3 weeks later...

It's the read-a-thon again this coming weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun)! Does anyone have any book(s) planned to read? I know from Anna she has a couple of books planned.

Here is my plan:

Owned books:

Ann M. Martin - De BabySitters Club 18: Petra Blundert (Stacey's Mistake) (re-read)

Ann M. Martin - De BabySitters Club 20: Gertie Gaat er Tegen Aan! (Kristy and the Walking Disaster) (re-read)

Simon de Waal and A. C. Baantjer - De Waal & Baantjer 12: Een Schim in de Nacht

Disney - Donald Duck Dubbel Pocket 10

Nick Arnold - Waanzinnig om te Weten: Bloed, Botten en de Rest van je Body (Horrible Science: Blood, Bones and Body Bits)

Library Loans:

Geronimo Stilton - Onder Moeders Vleugels (Piccole Donne)

Geronimo Stilton - Geheime Missie: Olympische Spelen (Lo Strano Caso Dei Giochi Olimpici)

Joe Carrot - Het Rupsenraadsel (Il Mistero Dei Bruchi Giganti)

Thea Stilton - Thea Stilton 15: Viva Flamenco (Missione "Flamenco")

Thea Stilton - Thea Stilton 16: Help, We Missen een Welp! (Cinque Amiche Per Un Leone)

Luc Descamps - De Donkere Getallen 3: De Grot van Merlijn

Jeff Kinney - Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules

Jeff Kinney - Diary of a Wimpy Kid 4: Dog Days

Lucy Hawking and Stephen Hawking - George 3: De Knal in het Heelal (George and the Big Bang)

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik.. (Zonder) Vriendschap & Liefde?

Andy Griffiths (ill. Terry Denton) - Treehouse 2: 26-Story Treehouse

(if I get around to it:)

Lemony Snicket - Ellendige Avonturen 3: Het Rampzalige Raam (A Series of Unfortunate Events 3: The Wide Window)

(and to go with that, owned books Lemony Snicket - A Series of Unforunate Events 2: The Reptile Room and Lemony Snicket - Ellendige Avonturen 4: De Helse Houtzagerij (A Series of Unfortunate Events 4: The Miserable Mill), possibly Lemony Snicket - Ellendige Avonturen 8: Het Horror Hospitaal (A Series of Unfortunate Events 8: The Hostile Hospital))

I'm excited for the read-a-thon :readingtwo::D! Or rather, I'm excited to be reading.. it's tempting to start already :giggle2:. I just feel in a reading mood :exc:. Is anyone else joining me this weekend in reading books?

It's the read-a-thon again this coming weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun)! Does anyone have any book(s) planned to read? I know from Anna she has a couple of books planned.

Is anyone else joining me this weekend in reading books?

I have a few contenders :lol:

The Painted Veil- W Somerset Maugham and

Beacon 23: Little Noises- Hugh Howey with

Beacon 23: Pet Rocks- Hugh Howey

or

Total Recall- Phillip K. Dick with

Full House- Maeve Binchy

Of course, plan one are all books not on my short TBR, the second is all books on it... guess which one I am leaning toward :giggle2:

I have four on the go at the moment, so it will depend where I'm at with them.

:o

At this stage my weekend is free, so I'll try to join in. :)

:jump:

Edited by Anna Begins