What's up in May?

chesilbeach

May has started bright and beautiful where I am so far, and looking good for the Bank Holiday weekend too. :cool:

I'm going to be have a weekend of reading and not doing much else!  :readingtwo: 

What's going on with you today?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go back to Ireland for four days next week. All well and good apart from the fact I have to drive there and back on two of those four days. I would fly but I need to stop off on the way.

Does anyone have a magic carpet I could borrow? Serious question! :)

Sorry Drislane - no magic carpet !

Not sure what the temperature is here - it feels warm though - I drove home from Sainsbury's with the car windows open.  

I too am looking forward to the Bank Holiday weekend. It's unusual for me in that I have three whole days off. I have to work on Monday, but I don't mind that much as the roads will be choc a bloc, and Box Hill packed by the usual cyclists and tourists in flip flops (don't ask me why they think such stupid shoes are suitable for a long walk up what is basically a chalk cliff), so I don't suppose we would have been able to do much, I might as well then be at work earning double time. This afternoon though I plan to go up there (to Box Hill National Trust centre) and sit in sun finishing my rather good book. Tomorrow will be a trip to Guildford for a nice vegetarian lunch and to stock up on Lush goodies. As for Sunday, I shall have to see how we both feel - it will probably be a nice long walk somewhere though. :smile:       

Edited by Talisman

Next week we'll have family coming over on two different days, to celebrate several birthdays. It will be quite busy for me (sounds make me tired), so I plan to do some hiding (ie. in my room) as well as spending a bit of time with my family. I also plan to do some cooking / preparing food for them, I'm looking forward to that part! With the family coming on the other day, we're going out to eat. That should be nice too.

My university work is going allright I think :).

I go back to Ireland for four days next week. All well and good apart from the fact I have to drive there and back on two of those four days. I would fly but I need to stop off on the way.

Does anyone have a magic carpet I could borrow? Serious question! :)

Yeah, I have one.. but you can borrow it only if you take me to Ireland with you. ;)

Had a lazy day in house, it's been raining most of the week.  Supposed to clear this weekend, I think.  Although it'll be cold tonight here 39F, just 7 degrees above freezing!  I can't complain too much, seeing what the center of the country is getting, snow!  We are only at the tail end of that cold front crossing the States. 

I've turned the heater on again, after having the air conditioner on for the last few days it was so muggy and warm.  Sheesh. :D

Attached photos are of a few flowers and shrubs that I planted at my house.

First photo is of bleeding heart flower. Immediately to the right are some wild (kinda rare) trillium that I found in the woods in Pennsylvania and transplanted to my house ;). To the left of the bleeding heart are coral bells - 3 or 4 differnent types.

Second photo is of a coral bell plant that is flowering.

Starting today I'm eating a lot healthier. Had a lovely lunch (which I posted in the "what are you eating now" topic) and I'm planning on keeping it that way. I had two big bars of Maltesers last night which was my last intake of that and I'm keeping Pepsi to max of a glass a day if anything. :)

Attached photos are of a few flowers and shrubs that I planted at my house.

First photo is of bleeding heart flower. Immediately to the right are some wild (kinda rare) trillium that I found in the woods in Pennsylvania and transplanted to my house ;). To the left of the bleeding heart are coral bells - 3 or 4 differnent types.

Second photo is of a coral bell plant that is flowering.

So pretty Muggle. And what a beautiful Japanese Maple (if I've got that right)at the back of your second photo. Do you like hellebores and hostas? They would go well with your other plants if they are in the shade.

So pretty Muggle. And what a beautiful Japanese Maple (if I've got that right)at the back of your second photo. Do you like hellebores and hostas? They would go well with your other plants if they are in the shade.

I do loke hostas and have a number around the house where they get shade. They are just now starting to recuperate from the winter and aren't quite completely up yet although sevefral of them are. The japanese maple is in pretty much a lot of sun. I will have to move the shrubs around the japanese maple as they are getting crowded out.

Another earthquake yesterday morning, fortunately it was not too strong.. we're still trying to recover from the one of last year. Maybe our Earth is telling she can't really cope with the north-east of Italy.

I am literally getting annoyed with my English essay now. I've now transferred onto my other teacher because the one I was going to didn't think I was going in the right direction. Rewrote it for the new one and now I'm kinda rewriting what I've written again. There's no pleasing an English teacher. I literally started doing it at about half 10 last night and stopped about 20 mins ago. But, admittedly, I did watch an episode of Carrie Diaries in between. :P I worked while I was waiting for it to buffer. xD

Today had to go to the dentist (bah, humbug) to get my root canal finished. Plus that same tooth decided to have a piece break off of it. Therefore, that too had to be repaired. I am wondering just how much of my molar is actually my own now since it's been repaired twice from breakage and a root canal. It may eventually need a crown. BUT NOT NoW! My jaw  is sore from being open for over an hour.

I've been doing a bit of crafting this weekend and it did me good. Which means that I was listening to any books and not actually reading them.

My dog is finally getting over her illness (it seems). But  I am not going to rejoice too soon, as it might jinx it.

Yesterday was a lovely day and hubby and I went for a 30km bike ride. Yes, I had some aches and pains, but it was lovely.

Today had to go to the dentist (bah, humbug) to get my root canal finished. Plus that same tooth decided to have a piece break off of it. Therefore, that too had to be repaired. I am wondering just how much of my molar is actually my own now since it's been repaired twice from breakage and a root canal. It may eventually need a crown. BUT NOT NoW! My jaw  is sore from being open for over an hour.

Ouch! Hope you don't have to get root canal. I'm preying that my newly filled molars won't get toothache otherwise I will need root canal. :( I can barely keep my mouth open for 20 mins.

Had sis and nephews here for the weekend and was so lovely to see them bring some nice weather with them...spent most of Sunday afternoon in the garden enjoying the sun :smile:

Feels like i am living in London....it has been raining every day. We have gotten over 3" in 4 days.

No rain in London! It was 24 degrees earlier today! :D. Forecast to get colder and possibly wetter tomorrow though. :(

Our weather is totally schizophrenic.  One day is 25C and beautiful, the next is 5C and wet.  The latter is normal for this time of year.  

In other news, I got 70% on my last assignment.  I'm pretty pleased with that.  Struggling with the current one though.

Got back last night from our trip. Had a fantastic time, the weather was wonderful and all the people we encountered were friendly, fun and memorable. We saw snow caped mountains in Switzerland, took a four hour boat trip zig-zagging across Lake Garda in Italy, we visited Roman ruins in Sirmione, Juliet's Balcony in Verona, and the Cathedral where French Kings were once crowned (and where Joan of Arc kicked English butt!).

We have eaten baguettes in France, chocolate in Switzerland and pasta and pizza in Italy. We are exhausted and overwhelmed by the wealth of the experience.

Although it is always nice to get back to your own bed, we both feel a little down that our adventure has passed so quickly - and sadly we are both back to work tomorrow. We did spend the journey home saying often, "When we next come through here...", and "Next time.....", so it is also the start of many occasions of such travelling we hope. :D

Right. Now to get some washing in the machine and reduce the mountain currently smothering my laundry basket. :giggle2:  :giggle2: