Hello Book Club!

K.in.your.book

Hi there!

My name is Kate and I'm a newbie! My husband has been using this forum for a while now and I've finally decided to join; I was hesitant for so long because in my experience internet forums can often be pretty hostile places, but this place seems so friendly!

The first thing you should know about me regarding books is that I love Tolkien, to the extent that I read the Lord of the Rings when I was 11 and life was never the same. I don't really have a favourite genre, I just like things that are well written, with strong story lines and believable, original characters :)

Welcome to the BCF :D:welcome2:

I've only been here for a couple of weeks, and can already tell it's a friendly place. I think it must be something to do with book lovers, because the other book related forum I frequent is a friendly place too :) (Maybe it helps that people on book forums tend to be able to spell ;) )

I can't help but notice the graduation robes in your profile pic - at the risk of sounding incredibly nosy, what did you study? :)

Edited by ashleighjane

Welcome!

(my money is on Timmy being the husband . . . and not just because he's looked at your profile page and is from Cambridge as well!)

It is indeed Tim! Good detective work haha ;)

Welcome to the BCF :D:welcome2:

I've only been here for a couple of weeks, and can already tell it's a friendly place. I think it must be something to do with book lovers, because the other book related forum I frequent is a friendly place too :) (Maybe it helps that people on book forums tend to be able to spell ;) )

I can't help but notice the graduation robes in your profile pic - at the risk of sounding incredibly nosy, what did you study? :)

Hi, not nosy at all, I studied photography (and then decided I didn't want to be a photographer so I'm pursuing the art gallery/museum career!)

Welcome to the forum! I joined the forum recently and have been having a great time, everyone's so friendly, the topics discussed are interesting and I've come across many great recommendations for new books to read. I hope you enjoy it here :).

Hi Kate, I hope you enjoy BCF; I first read The Lord of the Rings when I was 11 or 12 too, it certainly makes an impact at that age! :)

It does indeed! The only problem is now I can't read any other fantasy author without thinking Tolkien does it better!

Welcome to the boards Kate! :D I think you will love it here.

Edited by Devi

Hello Kate, and welcome! I remember you from Tim's pics - you are sooo pretty. :blush2: Congrats on your recent graduation and marriage! :) I can't wait to hear all of your embarrassing stories about Tim. :giggle:

I think she will struggle to think of any... I don't often embarass myself :hide:

Hello Kate, and welcome! I remember you from Tim's pics - you are sooo pretty. :blush2: Congrats on your recent graduation and marriage! :) I can't wait to hear all of your embarrassing stories about Tim. :giggle:

Aww thank you :blush:

He probably has more embarrassing stories about me to be honest, things could get ugly :eek: