• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and I thought my reading lists were huge! :o

Good luck with your reading in 2013!

Your lists are huge! :D Give it a few more months on here with the members and their new recommendations from the reading holidays, and you'll go ahead of me! :friends3:

I love lists and your book lists are a work of art as always.

Best of luck with your reading for the coming year.

My lists are still unfortunately under construction :( I'm still in Nurmes and using Mum's laptop and I don't completely trust it, because the keyboard is a bit funky at times and I don't know how to figure some of the issues out, so I'm a bit afraid of copy+pasting the more elaborate, individual lists from the 2012 to this thread, afraid I'm going to delete something by mistake. The challenge lists are easier because I can always get them from someone else... I don't know, maybe I'm overly cautious :D It's also that I don't have a lot of time on the computer at once, I have to do a little something here and there, when parents are out and brother is not demanding re-matches of Carcassonne after he's lost another game :giggle2:

I wasn't going to set up the thread this early anyways, I was going to wait til I got to Joensuu, but I noticed Michelle had taken down the 4 minute rule of making a new post, so I had to jump in and take complete advantage of that :D

frankie!

Those are some cool-looking lists!

And I'm in awe of your organising skills!

Lots of lovely reads waiting for you - have fun this year.

:)

Thanks bree, I hope you have an amazing reading year in 2013 as well! :) I'm not a very organized person in real life, but I do love making lists and especially book lists. And I like different challenges, and keeping track of them, eventhough I know I'm not ever going to finish them all. I just like all the list attending sort of business on here, it's such a nice bonus after having finished a book and putting it down :)

I must tell you - whenever I search for a book - the search results always bring up your reading blog thread.

Every book I'm even vaguely interested in - is already on your lists!

:readingtwo:

I must tell you - whenever I search for a book - the search results always bring up your reading blog thread.

Every book I'm even vaguely interested in - is already on your lists!

:readingtwo:

Oh dear :blush: Maybe that only means I'm a title hogging, thieving villain :blush::giggle:

Wow, Frankie !

Now THOSE are some amazing book lists ! You must be organised to keep that many . Do you also keep them in a notebook of some type too ? I'd have to have them written down on paper I think, but I'm from the old school,where we used paper and pencil for everything . I still prefer when balancing a checkbook or doing anything like that, to use plain old paper and pencil . Guess I'm showing my age .

Best wishes in the coming year . May you cross off lots of books !

Edited by julie

Oh dear :blush: Maybe that only means I'm a title hogging, thieving villain :blush::giggle:

Or, you're a reader with exemplary tastes :friends3:

Go on now, stop blushing, and admit it - you're proud of 'em lists :P

Wow, Frankie !

Now THOSE are some amazing book lists ! You must be organised to keep that many . Do you also keep them in a notebook of some type too ? I'd have to have them written down on paper I think, but I'm from the old school,where we used paper and pencil for everything . I still prefer when balancing a checkbook or doing anything like that, to use plain old paper and pencil . Guess I'm showing my age .

I would love to have those lists written down, but that would be just too much work. Also it would be impossible to keep, for example, the TBR list in a notebook, because I would want to have it in an alphabetical order and I couldn't add new books to it because there wouldn't be any lines in between. New books would go to the end of the list and that would just really annoy me. But it would be really great to have those lists on paper, too, I agree! :)

Having all the lists here is just really easy and handy, and when one's doing a new thread for a new year, it's mostly copy+paste work, so it's not that difficult, the only thing is to decide the order in which to put the challenges and stuff, and of course going through this year's TBR and delete the books that have been crossed off the list after reading during this 12 month period. I think I like that task the best, it makes me feel I've done some progress towards making TBR smaller (which of course isn't always the case because I've been adding books to the list all year long :giggle:).

Best wishes in the coming year . May you cross off lots of books !

You, too, Julie, I hope it's a great year for all of us! :friends3:

Or, you're a reader with exemplary tastes.

Go on now, stop blushing, and admit it - you're proud of 'em lists :P

Oh, you flatter me :D Yes, I'm proud of those lists, they are like my babies, but I won't take credit for creating all of them, quite a few of them are reading lists copied off someone on the internet :)

Gosh Frankie i think i would feel totally overwhelmed if i had so many challenges to work through :o I've spotted lots of good books on your lists though & look forward to dropping by to read your reviews :smile:

Gosh Frankie i think i would feel totally overwhelmed if i had so many challenges to work through :o I've spotted lots of good books on your lists though & look forward to dropping by to read your reviews :smile:

To be honest, I sometimes forget that I have the 501 Books list, and the 200 Books list :giggle: I think it's just my brain trying to protect me from overload, I don't think I would cope very well if I was constantly thinking about all the different challenges I'm doing ... Thanks for popping in, I hope you you have a great reading year, too! :friends3:

Oh Frankie how I wish my lists were in the same league as yours, brilliant and I look forward to following your thoughts on your literary abandonment during 2013. I hope it's a great year for you, and that you have some wonderful reads. :smile2:

Good luck with all those lists Frankie! I hesitate to say,but I've decided to go the other way this year, and am dropping all of them, although they stillprovide some good ideas for reads. There are just too many books on them (e.g. the 1001 list) which I just don't see me ever reading (i.e. wanting to read!), and I'm starting to feel them more inhibiting than anything else Having said that, your Classics Challenge looks interesting! Any particular place you're pulling that together from, or just one you're doing yourself? (Oh dear, I can see the OCD kicking in again!!).

Anyway, good reading for 2013, and all the best with all your goals.

and brother is not demanding re-matches of Carcassonne after he's lost another game mocking.gif

Hi Frankie sorry to go off on a tangent here.....I had no idea you played Carcassone ! Is that the boardgame or the PC/console version?

Oh Frankie how I wish my lists were in the same league as yours, brilliant and I look forward to following your thoughts on your literary abandonment during 2013. I hope it's a great year for you, and that you have some wonderful reads.

Aww, thanks Ben :) I wouldn't mind my lists being shorter, they seem a bit overwhelming at times, but I can't let that bother me, it's not about meeting quotas and targets but getting satisfaction from reading. I'm not sure if you meant the word abandonment, though? :giggle2:

Good luck with all those lists Frankie! I hesitate to say,but I've decided to go the other way this year, and am dropping all of them, although they stillprovide some good ideas for reads. There are just too many books on them (e.g. the 1001 list) which I just don't see me ever reading (i.e. wanting to read!), and I'm starting to feel them more inhibiting than anything else Having said that, your Classics Challenge looks interesting! Any particular place you're pulling that together from, or just one you're doing yourself? (Oh dear, I can see the OCD kicking in again!!).

Anyway, good reading for 2013, and all the best with all your goals.

I know what you mean about the lists, sometimes it would be fun just going by the next book on the shelf, and not doing challenges, but I've found that because of them I've read some books I would've never picked up myself, and have found some real gems that way. Of course there are books that are not that great, too, but if I'm not enjoying some particular book, I have no qualms about giving it up and starting another one.

The classics challenge is just a list of classics that I have on my TBR. I haven't been reading many of them for the past few years so I've been thinking I should pay more attention to that list and try and read more of them.

Hi Frankie sorry to go off on a tangent here.....I had no idea you played Carcassone ! Is that the boardgame or the PC/console version?

It's a great, addictive game! I've played the boardgame, but I also play it on this online website. The one we played during Christmas is a card game version of it. It's not nearly as good as the boardgame, but it was an interesting version of it.

Wow, so many books. I think I'll be sifting through your lists for new reading ideas in the new year! Hope you have a great reading year, Frankie! :D

Ha, thanks Nollaig! :) But a lot of the credit goes to you guys, you lovely, bookwise members of the forum. Probably at least half of the books on my wishlist are there because of the reviews and recommendations on here. I heart this forum! :smile2:

It's a great, addictive game! I've played the boardgame, but I also play it on this online website. The one we played during Christmas is a card game version of it. It's not nearly as good as the boardgame, but it was an interesting version of it.

Oh I have heard of the card game. Thanks for letting me know it is not as good, I won't bother getting that. Cheers!

Edited by vodkafan

Oh I have heard of the card game. Thanks for letting me know it is not as good, I won't bother getting that. Cheers!

Yeah, you will do well without, you won't be missing much :)

Oh wow frankie, I don't know how you manage to create all those lists, never mind keeping up with them! Here's hoping you have a fabulous 2013, for your reading and everything else! :)

I'll let you in on a little secret: once the lists are created the first time, after that it's pretty much copy+pasting and nothing more when you do a new reading log for a new year :giggle2: If I had to start them from scratch every year, I would never make it! Thanks chalie, I hope you have an amazing year as well! :friends3: Let there be plenty of wonderful doggy reads for the both of us :D