• One
    • Two
    • Three +

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I always have a book and an audio book on the go, so I guess that's two at a time, sort of. I used to read multiple books at a time, but mostly I only read one "physical" book and listen to one audio book at a time, so I don't get all mixed up, and I tend to make sure they're very different from one another.

Ditto on what Kell says. I read a "physical copy" of a book and I listen to an audio in the car. I love my audio books in the car, but do miss listening to music. I guess that's the price you pay when you are an avid reader...

Danna

Generally I will read only one book at a time, but in special circumstances (if the book is too heavy to carry about) I will start another book.:sleeping-smiley-009

Quite a few people I know do that. My sister takes a lightweight paperback to and from work with her and has a heavier (usually a hardback) by her bed.

• 6 months later...

Previously, I would always have said one, but now it's two. This is because I commute to work on the train, and use the time to read. My "train read" must be lightweight (paperback) and a book I'm not too bothered if the corners get slightly scuffed in my bag. I would never take one of my treasured Pratchett books on the train, it might get damaged!

I also have another book on the go at home.

I have one book both for commuting and at home. I don't read that much at home so it would take me forever to read a book that way!

I rarely put my book in my bag though, unless it's secondhand; I always carry it in my hand when I'm walking. Once I tripped up the stairs at the train station and I was far more concerned about any damage I'd done to my book than damage I'd done to myself :( I'm happy to report that, despite me landing on my book, it came out of that scrape pretty well!

I try to read my Bible consistently each morning and night. Right now I'm catching up, but like I said in my reading blog, I've been struggling on and off for five years. So that's one book regularly, though it is not at all a "normal book." (Check out Hebrews 4:12, Psalm 19, and 2 Timothy 3:16-17 to see what God says His word is like.)

I have read a few books at a time since I was in fourth grade. My fifth grade teacher once asked me why I had so many books stacked on my desk (classics like Around the World in Eighty Days adapted for kids), and I said, "Well, Mr. Hehe, I'm reading all these!" There are a few genres I really like, so I usually read, say, a serious devotional and a fast-paced novel or thriller.

Again, the only reason I said three+ is that I usually have my Bible and a couple of other books!

I try to read my Bible consistently each morning and night. Right now I'm catching up, but like I said in my reading blog, I've been struggling on and off for five years. So that's one book regularly, though it is not at all a "normal book." (Check out Hebrews 4:12, Psalm 19, and 2 Timothy 3:16-17 to see what God says His word is like.)

I too read the bible every morning with Katie.:(

At the moment I have 6 on the go.

The bible where I read two pages everyday,

a self-improvement book (one chapter a day),

a financial book (one chapter a day),

a teen book (one chapter a day, this is so I can discuss reading with my kids),

a Biography (also 1 chapter a day)

and of course a novel (which I read until I fall asleep).

I try never to read more than one book from the same genre.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted "two" but like others, I also may have a book on tape.

I usually begin the second about halfway or so through the first to keep from getting the let-down of finishing a book I like. Don't finish books that I don't like so I'd be sad a bit of the time and it would be harder to get into the new book.