What films make you cry?

Nici

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once Upon a Time in America (1984, Leone), for all kinds of reasons. If you haven't seen it yet, you simply must. It's technically a gangster film, but it really is so much more than that. It rises above that label. Leone's most accomplished film, in this afficionado's humble opinion. :lol:

Oh I hate the American Pie films.. if they'd make me cry it's with embarassment and revulsion. They're horrible, disgusting and I hate the few I have seen, or really I have seen the first one in total, the others I caught some scenes here and there when they were on telly. It's like Van Wilder, or pretty much every Ben Stiller film (except for Night at the Museam, that one was fairly tolerable and actually entertaining to watch).. they go for cheap laughs. That and sitting through an entire film where you feel embarrassed for the lead character, well let's just say those films are NOT my taste. :lol:

What doesn't make me cry?!

The Bridges of Madison County

Message in a Bottle

Miss Potter

These get me every single time.

The bit in Love Actually when Emma Thompson is in the bedroom trying to stifle her tears.

There's a wonderful film called 8 Below that really gets me sobbing - it gave me a terrible headache the first time I saw it.

I also sobbed through most of The Road when I saw it at the cinema last month.

I notice Becoming Jane is on the TV next week - that one made me cry too.

Shadowlands has been mentioned and that's one that makes me cry.

The Reader.

The Young Victoria.

Oh there are tons!

What doesn't make me cry?! The bit in Love Actually when Emma Thompson is in the bedroom trying to stifle her tears. Shadowlands has been mentioned and that's one that makes me cry.

That scene in 'Love Actually' is just so powerful, and I think it really shows what a great actress Emma Thompson is. Not a word spoken, but so much conveyed.

Oh yeah!! What is it about that scene? I completely broke down when I saw it. Like, I was gone. I wanted to hug the woman and go beat yer man round the head. She just acts it so well, I guess, but it's, as Chrissy said, incredibly powerful.

That scene in 'Love Actually' is just so powerful, and I think it really shows what a great actress Emma Thompson is. Not a word spoken, but so much conveyed.

I can't listen to that Joni Mitchell song without thinking of that scene and getting teary! What a great movie.

Also the bit in Love Actually where Andrew Lincoln's character is stood at Keira Knightly's door with the cue cards.

If some guy stood outside my door with cue cards, I'm sorry but I'd run away and marry him. It was unbelievably adoreable.

I'm not ashamed to admit I do get emotional when watching films that really touch me.

I can't think of any off the top of my head but I remember getting sad in I Am Legend with the dog scene. Partly because I have a dog and love him to bits so yeah...

Generally though, I am able to hold back actually crying but when something moves me, I really feel it.