What films make you cry?

Nici

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm exactly the same! Oooh I've got goosebumps just thinking about it.

Other movies that get me everytime are Braveheart (the bit at the end

when he see's his wife walking through the crowd as he's being tortured

), The Color Purple always has me in tears when

Netty gets reunited with her children

but the worst movie has to be The Notebook. I watched it with my Mam and we both cried for about an hour after it had finished :welcome:. Then I loaned it to my Sister who didn't even think it was sad....she clearly has a heart of stone! :)

Oh my god, Braveheart!! I forgot that one! I tried not to cry but my bloody throat was killing from the lump in it!

Oh my god, Braveheart!! I forgot that one! I tried not to cry but my bloody throat was killing from the lump in it!

:D I always try so hard not to cry but I just can't help it. If I'm watching it with anyone else in the room I have to go off and potter about the house at the end so they don't see me.

:D I always try so hard not to cry but I just can't help it. If I'm watching it with anyone else in the room I have to go off and potter about the house at the end so they don't see me.

I did that with 'The Green Mile' - knew it was going to be sad so took myself off upstairs for about 10 minutes!

Marley and Me is another. I watched that and had to pause it for ages til I pulled myself around :D

I have a dog, there is no way I could watch that!! I don't think I'd recover!

Bambi!! Does it for me everytime.:roll:

For serious films, A Very Long Engagement has me blubbering at the end even though it's not a sad ending.

A Very Long Engagement is probably one of the most emotional films I've ever seen. I've shed a few tears myself after watching it. :D

Awwwww that is so cute Vinay :D

lol I suffer from lapses of tears of joy rather than of pain though. I even felt that when I watched Wall.E.

Mostly though, my reasons for tears are related to my own memories. For instance, I still feel warm in my cheeks and a tear or two leave my eyes when I watch the ending sequence of the Dark Knight. But that's because I've grown up reading Batman comics.

Same thing for Superman Returns when everyone shouts in joy after he saves the place. :D the theme song is enough to bring me to tears.

Dead Poets Society.

Absolute masterpiece.

My favourite movie!!! It made me proud to be a poet. lol

O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!

:D

Harold and Maude - Though it generally is a feel-good film for me, It occasionally makes me a little teary just before the end (and Cat Steven's 'Trouble' playing does not help!).

The Shawshank Redemption - The whole bit with Brookes - especially when he let Jake go - is probably the only thing in a movie that has made me genuinely cry.

Bent - While this film didn't make me cry, it devestated me and put me in a mild depression for a lengthy time - I say it counts.

I think El Orfanato has a beautiful ending, maybe not so the very last part as I find that corny and unnecessary, but how it was worked before that is so moving.

Steel Magnolias - I caught the end of that last night and I always cry along with Sally Field at the end :lol:

At the end? Only at the end??? I will have tears rolling down my face throughout most of this film! In fact, I did watch some of it last night but after just 15 minutes I was a wreck :roll:

I always cry at the end of Bleach Movie: Memories of Nobody, and throughout most of Philadelphia. Here are some others that have forced some tears and even sobs from me:

Platoon

Forrest Gump

The Neverending Story (the quicksand scene)

I am Legend

(when he has to kill his dog)

Glory (the end)

Edward Scissorhands

Fellowship of the Ring (especially when they've just escaped from Moria after Gandalf has fallen, and Frodo looks back with that one huge tear falling down his face....AHHH!)

The Green Mile

A Walk to Remember

Saving Private Ryan

The Return of the King (when everyone bows to the hobbits, and when Frodo is saying goodbye to Sam)

OK, that's enough for now. I'm depressed. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

i always cry at the end of Truly, Madly, Deeply.

the way Alan Rickman has to push Juliet Stephenson away so she can let him go and be happy.

He's so gutted that she's found another man, and yet he's happy for her.

Its so bitter sweet, and the acting is just amazing.

i always cry at the end of Truly, Madly, Deeply.

the way Alan Rickman has to push Juliet Stephenson away so she can let him go and be happy.

He's so gutted that she's found another man, and yet he's happy for her.

Its so bitter sweet, and the acting is just amazing.

I haven't seen this movie but love Alan Rickman so I might have to buy it :lol:

The Pursuit of Happyness also makes me cry like an absolute baby! The part where he

spends the night in the bathroom at the train station and the end when he gets the job get me in such a state!

Will Smith takes such a good part in this movie ;)