Hello

bree

Hello All,

I registered here yesterday and am having a lovely time browsing around.

First of all - what a beautifully presented forum this is! Neat, structured, and yet very "lived-in" and inviting.

I was looking for a book-related group - and I'm glad Google brought up this site.

About my reading. It's mainly fiction. And mostly juvenile.

I did a whole load of reading the first two decades of my life. And spent the next one re-reading everything I loved - in between making a living, and building a life.

So my eclectic reading includes Enid Blytons, the Just William series, all things Christie (including the Westmacott stint), Adrian Mole, Wodehouse, James Hardley Chase, Ayn Rand, Pearl S Buck, the Anne series (of Green Gables fame), Georgette Hayers, a few classics (very few), the fantastic Hobbit, LOTR, and Narnia series, and lots of other oddities that I've stumbled over.

I'd generally give anything fictional a try - but I can't bear science-fiction, new age best-selling 'page turners', horror, and Mills & Boons 'romance' (I overdosed on them for two teen years when I was supposed to be studying) .

Non-fiction is something else I can't get myself to read. (Gandhi's autobiography being the only exception)

Poetry - I usually flirt with a few verses of the mystics - Rumi, Gibran - when I'm in the mood for it - which isn't often!

I'm hoping to be introduced to something more - which is why I'm here.

I found the March Reading Circle post nominating the 'Pied Piper' - and have just ordered it.

I hope make the time to read and participate here, and be introduced to new thoughts and books.

That's all from me.

Thank you for reading!

Hello Bree :welcomeboard: I love your list of books and authors .. we have similar tastes :smile: Hope you have fun looking around .. look forward to joining you in the March Reading Circle but will hopefully see you around lots before that.

Edited by poppyshake