Raising Arizona

I could go on.....

Edited by vodkafan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks VF, even more films to add to my ever-growing list. :friends3:

I did actually manage to catch a couple of films but again it wasn't my choice, and as far as memory serves I don't think either of them is on 'the list', to my disappointment. In any case, I watched American Pie which I thought was hilarious, and although isn't a 'great film' in my opinion, it has enough great moments to be worth a watch. Apparently the following films in the series aren't as good so I might give them a miss.

I also watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas which was really, really good. I mean, I didn't like the fact that the plot was so loose at first, and it was completely all over the place, but then I recognised it for the ideas behind it and started to enjoy it. In the end I thought it was fantastic, and the acting is superb.

Anywho, back to the list. :D

This is actually my all-time favourite musical!!! :) It is so totally rockin' and I love it wieh I hear of someone else who has even seen it, let alone loved it! :)

Oh yeah, it's SUCH a great film and musical! It's hilarious for one, and the story is just so touching. John Cameron Mitchell is the only Hedwig IMO and I remember loving him as Dickon in the Secret Garden broadway musical. I saw the show quite a long time ago and I don't know if he traveled with the production and played in my city, but I do remember his photo in the big book I bought there :D.

Thank you for suggesting Strictly Ballroom, VF! I completely forgot about that one though I can't imagine why. Good job too on Glory. Such a fantastic film!

Thank you for suggesting Strictly Ballroom, VF! I completely forgot about that one though I can't imagine why. Good job too on Glory. Such a fantastic film!

We had a thread going somewhere about Aussie films. Yeah Glory is great brings a lump to my throat when I watch it. And the battle scene at the end! Denzel is pretty good in anything.

VF, I think we just went a bit OT in the 'what film did you just watch' thread. There's been an ad on TV lately for Muriel's Wedding and Priscilla. I'm pretty sure I already have Priscilla on DVD, but not sure about Muriel's Wedding. I can't wait to watch them both again. :)

Slightly OT, but I was just listening to Mark Kermode have a ten minute rant about Star Wars Ep 1: The Phantom Menace being re-released in 3D, which just turned into a rant about the three prequels in general. "Six hours of background information that - if all six films are watched in order - totally ruin the twist at the end of The Empire Strikes Back". Brilliant :lol:

You're still young, Ben, you'll catch up!

Slightly OT, but I was just listening to Mark Kermode have a ten minute rant about Star Wars Ep 1: The Phantom Menace being re-released in 3D, which just turned into a rant about the three prequels in general. "Six hours of background information that - if all six films are watched in order - totally ruin the twist at the end of The Empire Strikes Back". Brilliant :lol:

Excellent, I shall look forward to listening to that on the podcast then :giggle:

You're still young, Ben, you'll catch up!

Hopefully!

I must now insist on adding Up(2009) to the list. I saw it today and it is absolutely brilliant on every level. :)

I've went to the cinema to see Up - it's great! :smile2:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm adding Sunset Boulevard to my list of must-see films. I watched it on Saturday night, having never seen it before. It was frankly stunning. I was gripped by every second. Not sure how to categorise it really - film noir, black comedy, psychological thriller...it doesn't matter really - but it blew me away!