Chrissy's Reading 2012 Onwards

Chrissy

27) Six Moon Summer by SM Reine

28) All Hallows Moon by SM Reine

Although written by the same author as The Descent Series, these first two of a series feel younger. The main character is 15 years old and the issues facing her, aside from her main one, are teenage.

I am however enjoying the stories - with few words SM Reine conveys depth and colour to a character or scene. I am looking forward to working my way through them all.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I double posted in August, but thought I would make use of the post today (November 1st)

It's been a while since I have posted, but until recently managed to read quite a bit. I stayed with reading series of books so that I could stay immersed in each book-i-verse. It seemed to work with my fragile reading mojo.  So, here's the rest of the books I read since August's Read-A-Thon.

I carried on with SM Reine's werewolf series with ;

29) Long Night Moon

30) Gray Moon Rising

I then moved onto the Cain Chronicles that extend the stories;

31) New Moon Summer

32) Blood Moon Harvest

33) Moon of The Terrible

34) Red Rose Moon

35) Dark Moon

36) Of Wings & Wolves

37) Alpha Moon

They are all fairly short reads, but action packed and compelling. I enjoyed them enormously as they kept my mojo ticking over nicely.

I then moved onto another series, the preposterous yet incredibly readable 'Betrayed' series by Carolyn McCray. The central premise of each book remains the same; A long lost secret relating to a religious text, a secret society sworn to protect the secret, and a small team made up of a feisty intelligent female and a crack special ops team. The Crucifixion, the Ten Commandments, the Madonna - they all appear in the series, alongside 'visits' to world sites that often end in destruction. The novella / novel combination was made up of

38) 30 Pieces Of Silver

39) Ambush

40) Targeted

41) Covert

42) Havoc

43) Shiva

44) Mayhem

All action, all nonsense. You have to not only suspend you belief, you have to wrap it up and hang it from a lamppost. But they remain readable daftness.

The SM Reine books, and these Carolyn McCray books were all very cheap kindle sets, so I gave them a chance, and I am glad I did.

Edited by Chrissy

• 2 months later...

I had bought the last of a favourite YA series, 'Fyre' by Angie Sage. Her Septimus Heap series is a wonderfully realised world, and 'Fyre' a fabulous concluding book. I read 'Fyre', then immediately went back and re read the series from the beginning;

45) Magyk

46) Flyte

47) Physik

48) Queste

49) Syren

50) Darke

51) Fyre

Through these 7 books you watch Septimus the seventh son of a seventh son, Jenna the Castle's Princess and Beetle a Castle Scribe grow into themselves and undertake adventures as they repeatedly secure the safety of the Castle and it's inhabitants from those who would cause harm. Original, inventive and stunningly well depicted, this series has been a delight.

I've read Magyk, my sister owns a couple of books from this series (I bought most of them for her). I'd like to own all the books as well at some point (I did buy Magyk for the Kindle when it was on sale). I quite liked the first book.

I know the series might not be to everyone's taste. but I do love it. It is an absorbing and complete universe into which I can dive.

The first book, Magyk was bought when we were on holiday in the West Highlands of Scotland many years ago. We had popped into a local supermarket, and as always I perused their book section. The cover design caught my eye ,looking like an old bound leather book, and I fell in love. They have altered the design since then, although they have fortunately always made sure that some copies in the style of the original book are also produced. :smile:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This should be my last post in here as I round up my 2013 reads.

Earlier in the year I read a couple of different series by a new-to-me author, SM Reine. Her Descent Series featured the preternatural investigator and exorcist Elise Kavanagh who is the expert when it comes to violent deaths at the jaws of evil (fantasticfiction). They perked up my (at times) sluggish mojo, so when I fell into another reading slump this month I thought I would visit with Elise again. Glad I did!

52) Sacrificed In Shadow

53) Oaths Of blood

54) Ruled By Steel

55) Caged In Bone

Gods, demons, angels, humans, shady organisations, werewolves, possessions and secret cults. It's all in there alongside magic, angelic dimensions, demonic domains, betrayal, heroism and kick ass action. I have enjoyed this series and am looking forward to the next book in the series in 2014.

To round off the year I have started Dan Brown's 'Inferno'. If I finish it before the 1st of January I will get my review in here.

THANK YOU TO ALL VISITORS TO MY LITTLE READING THREAD OVER THE PAST TWO YEARS. FEEL FREE TO COME VISIT ME IN MY NEW SHINY   2014 THREAD.

:flowers2:

To round off the year I have started Dan Brown's 'Inferno'. If I finish it before the 1st of January I will get my review in here.

I read this in the last couple of days, so I'll be interested to read your review. I haven't reviewed it yet, because I'm still playing catchup. :hide:

THANK YOU TO ALL VISITORS TO MY LITTLE READING THREAD OVER THE PAST TWO YEARS. FEEL FREE TO COME VISIT ME IN MY NEW SHINY   2014 THREAD.

:flowers2:

I most certainly will .. in fact I've already been over there and kicked my shoes off and whatnot  :D Glad you're enjoying your reading again Chrissy-poo  :hug: