Where do you get your books?

~Andrea~

I love to buy books as there is nothing better than the smell of a brand new book fresh from the printers...well okay off the shelf in the bookstore but you know what I mean. I tend to get them from Waterstones or WH Smith and of course from Amazon. I've also occassionally gotten them from the supermarket, but not very often.

I've also just recently found the wonders of charity shops. I've found some fab books in there and for a bargain price too. I've also been known to buy the odd book from eBaby too.

I'm also a regular visitor to my local library as buying books can be a little expensive and I'm also beginning to run out of room to keep them.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We bought a Prime membership on Amazon.... I can't remember how much it cost, but we definitely save on the free shipping for two day delivery.... for most products sold by Amazon. Of course, we use Amazon a lot, so what we save on shipments pays for the Prime membership.

Danna

My husband pays for the membership.....it's not cheap....

• 8 months later...

Very happy to have you back, Talisman!!:D

Lately I've been buying my books mainly from Amazon, but I still like to see that Goodwill has on the shelves! Sometimes they have some treasures!:)

Thanks for the lovely welcome back everyone - it won't be for long unfortunately though as I am off on holiday on Thursday for just over a week - going back to my favourite island of Lundy and can't wait !

Amazon - just too tempting by half! Sometimes Waterstones if I'm in town - the 3-for2 offers are always a bit tempting too (any excuse).

There's a really good charity shop I have to walk past when I'm picking up my youngest from playgroup - I've got some great bargains from there... and always pass things back to them when my shelves start looking too overloaded!

• 2 weeks later...

We dont have a decent book shop in my town so if I wish to buy a book its usually at one of the local supermarkets,the good thing about that is that the book is usually half the price,if im looking for a specific book ill go into Glasgow to either Waterstones or Borders.

Ive bought a few books off ebay as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I buy from Amazon mainly but also buy from The Book People - fantastic value for sets and collections, supermarkets, play.com, Ebay etc.

Its funny but I rarely go to bookshops - there arent any local to me and when have I visited them I have found them rather expensive in comparison.

Kx

I get a lot of my books from thrift stores, and used book stores. And when I buy my books new, I try to look for heavily discounted books off the publisher's overstock shelves.

I do buy them for full price if I figure it probably won't show up in any of the afore-mentioned venues and I really want to read it. Plus, sometimes I really want to read it NOW.

And I have special ordered books that I really want, if the book stores around here haven't chosen to stock them.