If you wrote a book about your work, what would it be called?

Talisman

I have just finished a book about life on the checkouts, which is a job I used to do. This got me to thinking though about my current job (a housekeeper in a nursing home) and what a book about this would be called - I have settled on Bed Pans and Broomsticks, because that is what I deal with (admittedly and thankfully more broom sticks). If you were to write a book about your working life, what would it be called and why?

I could tell some funny stories about my work. But I don't think, somebody would read Stories of an Accountant, would you? :giggle2:

Even if my job isn't as dryly and uninteresting as it sounds, there are certainly jobs you could tell more about and would rather read about.

Once upon a time it would have been something humourous like ' tracking mud through the house' or 'standing in your pants by the backdoor as your too muddy to come in through the front' ( I see I am the Leonard of Quirm for book titles) but these stem from my mum seeing the state I got home in my early digging days...these days though its more like 'I :wub: spreadsheets'

Hmm, I think I'd have to get pretty creative to induce someone to read a book about the world of airline accounting! :lol:

Maybe something like Cubical-ville Nightmares or Doing the Cha-Cha With Ticket Changes & Travel Agent Commissions :lol: Man I could fall asleep just thinking about it!

From my acting days, I guess Dressing Room Dramas would be the title I'd choose.

I work a few evenings a week at William Hill's (a betting shop) so I guess I'd call that one The Hills Are Alive With the Sound Of Losing.

Mostly though, I'm a Stay-At-Home-Mum, so now it would be The SAHM Memoirs or Confessions of a Yummy Mummy.

For my stitching and designing, I guess I'd go with Stitched Up!

And for a novel based in an office (I worked at the local council in the CE's office, and spent time plotting many ingenious ways of murdering my more annoying colleagues using ofice implements) I'd call that that one The Office Offensive.

All of the titles so far sound good and some of them make me want to read the book, so get writing!

Titles that come to mind would be:

"Please can you pass me the bone cutters : Things I never thought I would hear myself say"

OR

"I've never fallen asleep in the sink : The student guide to life in the lab"

OR

actually I probably shouldn't post this one ;-) ;-)

Edited by Duncan

I really like my current job, so I don't have anything clever there. However, my last job...

Stopped by the Wall: True Stories behind Wall Street

Or

Conversations with Satan & Mussolini

(You would have to read the book to get the refrence.)

Edited by busy91

Hmm, I think I'd have to get pretty creative to induce someone to read a book about the world of airline accounting! :lol:

Maybe something like Cubical-ville Nightmares or Doing the Cha-Cha With Ticket Changes & Travel Agent Commissions :lol: Man I could fall asleep just thinking about it!

I've read some books about aviation but I think airline accounting would be the most thrilling. :D

On the other hand, if a good comedian would write about it, there are some funny stories to be told. :rolleyes:

A book about my life ?

Since I am 53 ,a housewife , spend a good deal of time on the couch , and live in a boring little town ,my book would be called :

Couch Potato from Hillbilly Village .

I think I need to add some type of excitement to the book or I'd be the only one to own a copy .

How about Pole Dancing For Seniors ?

Ummmmmmmmm..................

Adventures of An Old Lady ?

I need a LOT better title than those ....

Our town is so boring , no lie ,that the police log in the paper had ONE post :

Neighbor men on ______ Street got into a domestic dispute. One man waited until the other went to sleep ,then he took some sticks of butter and GREASED the other man's car windows and door handles .

FUNNY !!!!!

THAT is the action in my little chunk of the world . :giggle2:

Edited by julie

A book about my life ?

Since I am 53 ,a housewife , spend a good deal of time on the couch , and live in a boring little town ,my book would be called :

Couch Potato from Hillbilly Village .

I think I need to add some type of excitement to the book or I'd be the only one to own a copy .

How about Pole Dancing For Seniors ?

Ummmmmmmmm..................

Adventures of An Old Lady ?

I need a LOT better title than those ....

Our town is so boring , no lie ,that the police log in the paper had ONE post :

Neighbor men on ______ Street got into a domestic dispute. One man waited until the other went to sleep ,then he took some sticks of butter and GREASED the other man's car windows and door handles .

FUNNY !!!!!

THAT is the action in my little chunk of the world . :giggle2:

53 is not old julie..hey the neighbour dispute thing that's quite civilized compared to some places here :giggle2:

Hi Vodkafan

Thanks for saying I'm not old. I guess our family doesn't AGE very well,so I look 73 and feel 93 ,so that's why I call myself an old lady .

I like our little town here ,even though nothing much ever happens. It'd be hard to write a book about it .

I just picture you guys not having much crime over there . I don't know a whole lot about it,but it seems we have so many murders,missing people, etc over here,and it seems we never hear as much like that going on there . I could surely be wrong,though,since I know so little about it . Everyone seems so much more polite to each other .