Finding new artists to listen to...

chaliepud

I know most of you are aware of the literature map website that finds authors that you might like based on what you have previously enjoyed - http://www.literature-map.com/ - in case you've not come across it..

Today I came across one for music too - http://www.gnoosic.com/ - if you click on gnod at the top it also takes you to their book and movie search too. I've not tried it out properly yet but it looks pretty good.

:D

I'd never heard of either of these - excellent!

Although, having put in that I like AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Foo Fighters, it tells me to listen to Ben Folds Five!

Er.........No!

Ian

I like sites like these since I'm always searching for new music to listen to, so thanks, Chaliepud! :D

One of my favorite bands I put was the White Rabbits, and it's funny, but when I looked at the map, Dave Brubeck was on there too! :lol: Brubeck is probably my favorite jazz artist ever, and I'm wondering how they got to him from the White Rabbits. Very cool!

I put in Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin and Anita Baker.

It came up with ..... Al Green.

I can't believe I've never heard of Al Green before!!!

I love Al Green I have the Best Of Al Green on my Ipod & listen to it all the time.

Then you have outstanding taste, Kidsmum :) . Of all the artistes from the "classic" soul era who are still performing and touring, Al Green's the only one who's worth going to see - his voice is still in pretty good shape. If you get the chance to see him, I'd recommend it.

I had no idea he was still on the go but I'd love to see him live :)