Nici's Reading

Nici

Please don't hate me everyone ;) , but, I am struggling with The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox. I am just over half way through and I am really really trying to finish it. Sorry everyone - I believe I am the only person to say something bad about this book......

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't hate me everyone :) , but, I am struggling with The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox. I am just over half way through and I am really really trying to finish it. Sorry everyone - I believe I am the only person to say something bad about this book......

What is the problem Nici? ;)

If you can't get into the book Nici, that is ok, is anything in particular that you are not enjoying? x

Happyanddandy & Gyre:-

I'm not sure exactly what I don't like about it, I am just not really enjoying it. It is hard to put my finger on. I am also getting confused when it darts backwards and forwards and Iv'e read a parargraph not really knowing who's memory I am reading.

Yes - when Kitty starts talking in a disjointed fashion I initially wondered what was going on and had to reread some bits.

Yes - that's what I have had to do. I will keep trying though, I don't like giving up on a book....

Sorry everyone but I couldn't finish The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox.;) I will try again in a couple of months.

I am now reading:

Anthony Horowitz - Raven's Gate

He always knew he was different. First there were the dreams. Then the deaths began.

When Matt Freeman gets into trouble with the police, he's sent to be fostered in Yorkshire. It's not long before he senses there's something wrong with his guardian:with the whole village.

Then Matt learns about the Old Ones and begins to understand just how he is different. But no one will believe him; no one can help.

There is no proof. There is no logic. There is just the Gate.

This is the first of a series of 3 (so far) and they are children's books. I was given them today by a lady at work who is a fellow Stephen King/Harry Potter lover who says they are excellent! And definately worth a read!

I am on page 40 and so far so good! :)

This is the first of a series of 3 (so far) and they are children's books.

Did you know that they also fall into the crossover fiction category? They are enjoyed by adults and children alike. ;)

Did you know that they also fall into the crossover fiction category? They are enjoyed by adults and children alike. ;)

No I didn't! The lady at work who gave them to me said they were children's but she really enjoyed them. Certainly by what I have read already they do seem quite grown up.

Oh and Robbie is pestering me to read them next!

I have just finished Anthony Horowitz - Raven's Gate and I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was a nice easy read which I would describe as fantasy. I am looking forward to the the next book which I am about to begin: Anthony Horowitz - Evil Star

After defeating the Old One's at Raven's Gate, Matt Freeman thought he could get on with his life. But someone has other ideas.

Far away in peru a second gate is about to open. Only Matt has the power to stop the forces of darkness breaking through, but now they know all about him. This time they're going to destroy him first.

It's very strange that I am about to start reading a book about Peru (I only found out this evening when I read the back of the book) as my Dad is off to Peru on Saturday to "Hike the Inca Trail" - spooky...!

• 2 weeks later...

I have only got about 50 pages left of Evil Star, I would of liked to have finished it by now but it's been a busy few weeks....

I have to say though that I am throughly enjoying this book! I think a lot of it is because this is where Dad has just got back from so perhaps I am showing more of an interest than I normally would have done but even so it's a great read!

Full of suspense and excitement, I would definately recomment it! I will get it finished this weekend.

Oopps, forgot to write the blurb: :lol:

Raven Hart - The Vampires Seduction

When it comes to a wild and seductive nightlife, Savannah has bite.

Older than the United States and wealthy beyond his years, playboy William Cuyler Thorne is a vampire with a nice long undead life - one that includes a steady stream of admirers, a consistent supply of rejuvenating blood, and, best of all, a cover as one of Savannah's most prominent pillars of society.

But all good things must end.

Now an ancient enemy has come for William from across the seas. It is his sire, Reedrek, the vampire who created him. And Reedrek will stop at nothing until all that is precious to William - his beautiful mistress, his stable of willing female victims, his glorious estates, and his good-ol'-boy vampire sidekick, Jack - is within his voracious grasp. But William has an arsenal of his own - one that is enhanced by the power of voodoo. And when these two bloodsuckers meet, there will be hell to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished the Vampires Seduction last night and today I will be starting:

Raven Hart - The Vampires Secret

Once a mortal with a beloved family, William Cuyler Thorne is now a vampire on the prowl for blood and beautiful women. He has the perfect cover as an admired citizen of Savannah society. Though Reedreck, the ruthless old-world vampire who tried to destroy William, has been defeated, he still has his followers - and they will settle for nothing less than all-out war.

To counter this vicious band of European bloodsuckers, William organizes a vampire empire, which includes the handsomely slick Jack; Wiliam's newly made eternity mate, the luscious seductress Eleanor; and a wannabe-badass named Werm. But as William and his team prepare for the ultimate showdown, the only hope for victory may lie with one woman, a vampire with unusual powers who holds the vampires' fate in her hot little hands.

I hope I enjoy this book as much as I enjoyed the first book, the Vampires Seduction!

• 2 weeks later...

I have only got around 30 pages left of The Vampires Secret :( I am trying to drag it out as I don't want to finish this book as it is just so good!!

And Michelle, I agree about the second being better than the first - excellent!!! :D And also, as I have enjoyed these books so much, has Kelley Armstrong got a similar style of writing? As I am going to get her series soon!