KindleWorm says Hello!

KindleWorm

Good evening - just a few words of introduction...

My name is Lisa and I live on the outskirts of the Cotswolds with my hubby and our two cats. We currently have a small flock of goldfinches visiting our bird-feeders every day, and I fear we may need to re-mortgage the house to keep them in sunflower hearts and nyger seed! I don't think the cats are impressed.

I have always been an avid reader - since before starting school - so much so I was a librarian of sorts in all three of my tertiary system schools! I think I even have a little green and brass librarian badge somewhere (yes I know, geek alert!)

I have recently bought myself a Kindle and loved it so much I convinced hubby to buy one for himself so we can competitively read and discuss the books as we go. It was marvellous taking two Kindles on a two-week holiday and just picking and choosing what to read when. Maybe this obsession explains my username... :wink:

I stumbled upon the forum when Googling "book reviews" - I am hoping to get some ideas for even more books to read and just generally find out what like-minded people are interested in/talking about.

My tastes in reading are fairly eclectic... but I must confess I adore the Harry Potter books as they re-introduced me to the world of glorious escapism that three years of an English degree (many moons ago) had somehow squeezed out of me! :D

Heyyyy! Can't say I have a kindle, but I do have an iPad which is fantastic by the way. Given me a whole new take on reading books, curtesy of my fiancé convincing me that I needed it, and by did I! I have read more books this year than I ever have. 28 and counting. I have a list of books I have read and on my reading list if you'd like to see if there is anything on there that takes your fancy, even though I don't have reviews or pictures of any. :)

Hi Lisa - welcome to BCF. :)

My name is Lisa and I live on the outskirts of the Cotswolds with my hubby and our two cats. We currently have a small flock of goldfinches visiting our bird-feeders every day, and I fear we may need to re-mortgage the house to keep them in sunflower hearts and nyger seed! I don't think the cats are impressed.

Aww, how lovely (even if expensive!). I love greenfinches - so pretty. The Cotswolds is a lovely part of the country.

I am hoping to get some ideas for even more books to read and just generally find out what like-minded people are interested in/talking about.

Sorry, but I have to have a chuckle at this! The reason I'm laughing is that when I signed up for BCF many years ago, I had a 'to read' pile of about 5 books, and no 'Wish List' to speak of - and now I have several shelves of 'to read' books (I've started using my library more just recently to try to curb this) and I have several Amazon Wish Lists - a few of which the pages are in double figures - so be warned - you're bound to get lots of ideas! :giggle2:

Enjoy. :)

Great intro, Lisa, and welcome!

I think I even have a little green and brass librarian badge somewhere (yes I know, geek alert!)

I was a library monitor in primary school and I still have my treasured 'Library Monitor' badge. Mine is blue with gold writing. I had to write an application letter for the job - the first job I ever applied for. :D

Thanks everyone for your kind messages of welcome - this seems like a very friendly and relaxed place - I think I will enjoy it here! :)

After mentioning my librarian badge in my intro, I managed to track it down and pin it to a little squirrel in my study (who is now guardian of the many bookcases!). Another reason to love the Kindle is no more rearranging of countless books to accommodate new books! :cool:

Welcome - my parents are always harping on about their Kindle's and are trying to get me to buy one. I love the little tech-books, don't get me wrong, but I'm a huge sucker for pages. PAGES! They are amazing. they smell good and you can touch them - I aint never gonna leave my books behind! hehe.

Welcome to the forums - hope to see you around - I also love HP and re read them every now and again! got to love some magic!

Welcome - my parents are always harping on about their Kindle's and are trying to get me to buy one. I love the little tech-books, don't get me wrong, but I'm a huge sucker for pages. PAGES! They are amazing. they smell good and you can touch them - I aint never gonna leave my books behind! hehe.

Welcome to the forums - hope to see you around - I also love HP and re read them every now and again! got to love some magic!

I know what you mean, Samsiren - I used to have the same debates with people who owned a Kindle before I did - the idea of curling up in bed with a plastic book-alike as opposed to a nice softback book? Surely that is the way of madness, I thought! However, I read far more in bed now than ever because it's so comfortable...

(I will confess to sniffing the odd book from my library though, just to remember! :D