Under The Dome (Stephen King)

Sye

With the exception of on amazon, I have yet to come across anyone that has anything to say about Stephen King's epic, Under the Dome. I've always been an avid reader of his books, (including going to bed with the light on while reading Salem's Lot Lol . . .well, I was only 15).

I'd love to hear some views on the book. :P

Sye,read this back in may/june and loved it.Been a king fan for years and read all his books(apart from full dark no stars,came this morning yippee). Under the dome was like being transported back to King's early works in the way it was written.The book though a long one never got draggy for me and I blazed through it.Try it I'm sure your gonna love it :readingtwo:

There is another older thread about this somewhere. It got a bit of a mixed reception here as I recall. Some, like Simon thought it was excellent, and others thought it too long.

My own view was that it was an excellent book, slightly let down by a bit of a rushed ending.I'd also agree with Simon that it is reminscient of older king. I did think it was a mistake on the sleeve to compare it to The Stand.

Ian