The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watched Just Go With It earlier starring Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler amongst others. I'm not sure why I watched it, but spotted it on Sky Movies any time and thought why not. Was quite enjoyable, a decent light-hearted comedy which had me laughing enough times to justify the almost two hours I spent watching it.

Me too! I can't believe how good it looks in HD, and it still grips me every single time I watch it, and I jump every time at the same point when Hooper dives down to investigate the abandoned boat ... (not wanting to give away any spoilers ;))

I know which bit you mean, ive seen it loads, but that part still makes me jump!

Thursday night we went to see Hunger Games, and saw that Dark Shadows was the midnight offering. Sometimes they show something like that the night before it actually opens here. Anyhow, we watched both, and both were excellent. I haven't read Hunger Games yet, but husband has, and enjoyed it. He said it was fairly close to the book. Some diff of course, but not substantial.

I watched The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit, at the weekend. Gregory Peck as a WWII veteran, struggling with his normal family life, after the horrors he saw in the war. I almost switched it off after 20 minutes, because I thought it was going to be boring, but decided to stick with it, and I'm glad I did. It's one of those films that you find yourself thinking about days later. A bit over-long, and at least one sub-plot seemed totally unnecessary, but overall, worth a watch.

I watched Christine after finishing the book. It was good, not the best John Carpenter film and not the worst. Adaptation was pretty good, story was obviously simplified a lot from King's tome but it had a similar feel and well cast I thought. The car was genuinely quite scary in places.

I saw 'The Bone Collector' for the first time today. It's based on the excellent novel by the gorgeously talented Mr Jeffrey Deaver. The film was pretty good, and I thought that Denzel Washington made a wonderful Lincoln Rhymes, with Angelina Jolie as a very acceptable Amelia.

I watched The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit, at the weekend. Gregory Peck as a WWII veteran, struggling with his normal family life, after the horrors he saw in the war. I almost switched it off after 20 minutes, because I thought it was going to be boring, but decided to stick with it, and I'm glad I did. It's one of those films that you find yourself thinking about days later. A bit over-long, and at least one sub-plot seemed totally unnecessary, but overall, worth a watch.

I read that a couple of years ago, all the while picturing Peck. :D Good story.

Last night we watched two movies at home. Narrow Margin with Gene Hackman and Anne Archer. ennh, the actors made a weak story worth watching.

But first we watched Nothing But the Truth with Kate Beckinsale, Matt Dillon, Angela Bassett and Alan Alda. Based on the true story of a CIA agent that was outed by a Washington newspaper writer. The reporter spent over a year in jail for not revealing her source. The film differed in major motivations, but much was taken from fact. Good film.

Oh, meant to add we also, a couple of nights ago, watched Henning Mankell's Wallander, Episodes 1 - 3. Whoa! This is the Swedish version, and the actors are fantastic.

I've ordered the rest of the series from Amazon already.

I watched my first ever Marx brothers movie yesterday: Duck Soup. It was brilliant! I was expecting a lot and it was even better than I imagined.

I watched my first ever Marx brothers movie yesterday: Duck Soup. It was brilliant! I was expecting a lot and it was even better than I imagined.

Yay for your first Marx brothers film :yahoo: They're all so good, and now you'll want to watch them all!

Oh, meant to add we also, a couple of nights ago, watched Henning Mankell's Wallander, Episodes 1 - 3. Whoa! This is the Swedish version, and the actors are fantastic.

I've ordered the rest of the series from Amazon already.

Is it the Krister Henriksson one? he is excellent as Wallender I really enjoyed the whole series which they showed this year on the Beeb, right now am enjoying another Scandinavian series The Bridge....enjoy :smile:

Is it the Krister Henriksson one? he is excellent as Wallender I really enjoyed the whole series which they showed this year on the Beeb, right now am enjoying another Scandinavian series The Bridge....enjoy :smile:

Yes! Also the same producers as The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I just noticed that another Rapace is playing in the Wallanders...Ola Rapace. Neat. :)

Henriksson is just as I pictured Wallander from the books.