The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

Brave - brilliant

TED - didn't find it as funny as others have, too much swearing, Mila Kunis looks fantastic though.

Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World-

The relationship was entirely predictable, Kiera Knightly tried too hard and did not convince, (the bit where she is talking to her fam on the phone is painful to watch, you know there is no-one on the other end, like watching a middle school play) but some very funny incidental moments (away from the main characters). Felt cheated by the ending, we didn't see the asteroid

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World-

The relationship was entirely predictable, Kiera Knightly tried too hard and did not convince, (the bit where she is talking to her fam on the phone is painful to watch, you know there is no-one on the other end, like watching a middle school play) but some very funny incidental moments (away from the main characters). Felt cheated by the ending, we didn't see the asteroid

I actually loved this film. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a little bit of a B-movie I guess, and I can't STAND Kiera Knightley because she's not a very good actress, but I adore Steve Carrell. It was quite predictable, but quirky enough to get away with it, I thought. And I thought the ending was perfect, the asteroid was never the point. There are plenty of films (Knowing and 2012 spring to mind) which are all about the CGI and action scenes demonstrating the utter obliteration of this planet - and while there's a massive place in my child-like heart for big booms like that, the whole point of Seeking A Friend was the relationships - starts off with Steve being alone and indifferent, by the end he has found someone who makes him happy.Making a big deal out of the asteroid would have detracted from the central focus of the film imo. :)

At the cinema - Skyfall - which is excellent. Honestly, if you like Bond films at all, go and see this

On the TV - Tremors - one of my favourite films, I love it! (this admission always makes my brother roll his eyes in exasperation)

Hi Noll,

I do see your point about the asteroid, and I agree it not being the purpose of the film. However, even my kids said that it was odd that they would just want to lay in bed, hide away and not see it. If it was me I would want to go out and sit on a hill and watch it right to the end, you only get extinction once. That's what I meant. Like I couldn't understand the folks who were committing suicide weeks before. They are going to die spectacularly anyway with the whole human race to share it so why have a miserable death alone jumping out of a window? I can't understand some people.

I tried watching Natural Born Killers but couldn't. Just not my thing at all. This annoys me because everyone seems to have watched it and liked it :D

I'm not a fan of it either and I really like Tarantino (who wrote it). Maybe if he had directed it, it would have been more to my liking.

I'm not a fan of it either and I really like Tarantino (who wrote it). Maybe if he had directed it, it would have been more to my liking.

Phew, I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one! :) (Not a fan of Tarantino in general, though... which also makes me feel less of a person because everyone's supposed to like him, too :D)

Different strokes for different folks. One of the reasons I like Tarantino so much is that he is willing to take a risk when he makes a movie. There are movies that we are meant to like or dislike but that's pretty much rubbish. Men are probably not supposed to like Amelie or Cinema Paradiso but I adore them.

On the TV - Tremors - one of my favourite films, I love it! (this admission always makes my brother roll his eyes in exasperation)

Why??? It's one of my faves, too. :D

STAMPEDE!!!!!!!!!!!

:giggle2:

Different strokes for different folks. One of the reasons I like Tarantino so much is that he is willing to take a risk when he makes a movie. There are movies that we are meant to like or dislike but that's pretty much rubbish. Men are probably not supposed to like Amelie or Cinema Paradiso but I adore them.

I don't mind risk taking, but I guess Tarantino is too much out there for me. And I don't like gimmicky violence.

Amelie is :wub: Am wondering about Cinema Paradiso. Am thinking it might be the movie made by the Bottom duo, but probably is not :D

I don't mind risk taking, but I guess Tarantino is too much out there for me. And I don't like gimmicky violence.

Amelie is :wub: Am wondering about Cinema Paradiso. Am thinking it might be the movie made by the Bottom duo, but probably is not :D

:D Nope, Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson have nothing to do with the movie I'm thinking of.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095765/

:D Nope, Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson have nothing to do with the movie I'm thinking of.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095765/

Ah yes, the movie I'm thinking of is Guest House Paradiso! :doh: Haha, I watched it years ago with a friend, went to imdb now and looked at the credits and found that Rik Mayall plays Richard Twät. I've only just learnt the word 'twät' some months ago :D

I found the whole first series of Dead Like Me in a box set in a charity shop. I only watched one or two of these episodes years ago back when I used to watch TV. I am working my way through the whole set of 4 dvds an episode at a time.

Hi Noll,

Yeah that's fair enough, if it actually happened, I might do the same... though I'm not sure as the sheer panic might make me want to hide in a closet or something! :D

The film I saw most recently is:

Rise Of The Guardians.

Absolutely amazing film. Dreamworks animation, so it is for kids, but Guillermo Del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth, etc) was involved, so it has some darker elements in it than your average kid's film. The one really dark element is glossed over quite nicely for kids, but is present at all for adults which is awesome.

What's there to say about it. It's just awesome. I can't really say a lot without spoiling it unfortunately. It's about the Guardians Of Childhood - Santa (North), the Easter Bunny (Bunnymund), the Sandman (Sandy) and the Tooth Fairy (Tooth). Jack Frost is also in it, but he doesn't really know what his purpose is - he spends the film trying to find out.

Also Santa is Russian and has the words 'naughty' and 'nice' tattooed on his arms. That was the selling point for me back in June when I first heard about it.

Has anyone else seen it and what did they think?

I watched an Australian movie called Lantana. A lot of familiar faces! Anthony LaPaglia of course, and Barbara Hershey and Geoffrey Rush, whom I didn't know was Australian! I had a difficult time throughout the movie, trying to place where I've seen him, and then just as the credits rolled, I thought 'King's Speech'! :D

There was a pie restaurant in the movie called Pie in the Sky, and I'm pretty sure it was the same place Kylie and I visited once, am I right Kylie? Ooooh and the Letters and Numbers host was on it, too, he played the character of a news reporter :D Richard Morecroft!

OMG, Pie in the Sky has been in a movie? Wow!! Awesome, awesome pie shop. Remember we found the dog who had escaped his owner there? But the shop was closing up and there was nothing we could do for him. I'm sure the owner found him in no time.

OMG, Pie in the Sky has been in a movie? Wow!! Awesome, awesome pie shop. Remember we found the dog who had escaped his owner there? But the shop was closing up and there was nothing we could do for him. I'm sure the owner found him in no time.

Yep yep! It looked the same, the rest stop looked the same and all :) How could I forget about the dog? I've been thinking about him a dozen times since the day :( The worker there told us she'd call the RSPCA, though? Or she'd already called them, I think.

I'm certain that he would have been OK. If his owner didn't come back, then the RSPCA could check his chip to see who he belonged to. I bet he is all cosied up at the foot of his owner's bed right now. ;)

I'm certain that he would have been OK. If his owner didn't come back, then the RSPCA could check his chip to see who he belonged to. I bet he is all cosied up at the foot of his owner's bed right now. wink2.gif

Or possibly made into several pies.unsure.png