Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meanwhile, I'm on a DVD watching spree - watched Shutter Island two nights ago

While I can appreciate the cleverness of Shutter Island, its not the kind of film I'd actively seek and enjoy.

A River Runs Through It on the other hand - I was swept away by its beauty, silences and gentleness. I'm stuck for words to express how it made me feel.

It was pure poetry for me.

I just found out it was made from a novella - I will be looking for that.

I started watching Shutter Island but found it just too disturbing.

I like the sound of A River Runs Through It, though.

Watched Something Borrowed last night, which surprised me by having a tiny bit more depth than I was expecting, although I think at least one scene must have been edited out, as there is a specific moment where a character gets a head shot and shows a sign of recognition that she suddenly understands what is going on, but it's never followed up on and it sat a bit oddly with me.

I've just watched The expendables 2, The main cast this time are Stallone, Statham, Lundgren and 2 other actors from the first film.Chuck norris turns up a couple of times. Arnie and willis are in the start and finale. With Van damme as the Villain. It's a daft popcorn movie and if you don't take it seriously, it's good. The fight at the end was not believable as I think the wrong person won. But overall I enjoyed the film. Jet li makes a quick exit and Statham does a lot of martial arts.

Oh, I watched that too, Bobblybear! Very disturbing indeed. I thought it gave a good insight into how these sickos work and convince their victims to go along with them.

Oh, I watched that too, Bobblybear! Very disturbing indeed. I thought it gave a good insight into how these sickos work and convince their victims to go along with them.

Yep, it was very well done I thought. It's easy to see how some young impressionable 14 year old like the character in the film could be manipulated like that. It wasn't easy watching for sure.

I also watched Battleship yesterday. Meh, it passed the time.

I watched 'Precious'. One review described it as relentless, and I have to agree.

In New York City's Harlem circa 1987, an overweight, abused, illiterate teen who is pregnant with her second child is invited to enroll in an alternative school in hopes that her life can head in a new direction.

The perfomances are astounding, especially Gabourey Sidibe as Precious, and Mo'Nique as her mother. It was only afterwards that I discovered both Lenny Kravitz and Mariah Carey were also in the film, as they both acted their roles so very well. It is harrowing and heartbreaking at times, but worth watching.

Gabourey Sidibe also appears in a favourite series of recent years, 'The Big C', giving life to a fabulous character.