The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prometheus, have to disagree with timstar, Where were the guns, the action? All the silly plot twists from alien---s without the excitement or scares. Haven't seen a good film in ages. Safe wasn't too bad.

I almost want to watch it now...just because it sounds that bad lol

I actually watched it from start to finish. Carmen Electra is in it. It really was awful, there was just nothing else on tv.

I actually watched it from start to finish. Carmen Electra is in it. It really was awful, there was just nothing else on tv.

Carmen Electra....that kinda says a lot lol I'll skip it!

Watched 40 Days and 40 Nights last night and it was mildly entertaining in parts but not one that I'd probably watch again in a hurry.

Over a wonderfully lazy bank holiday weekend, I watched four films:

The Forgotten, with Julianne Moore and Dominic West. Having read reviews of this, it seems a lot of people hated it - but I really enjoyed it. Starts out as a psychological drama, and takes a sharp turn into sci-fi territory. Held my attention throughout, and there were a couple of genuine jump out of your seat moments. Plus any day that involves the gorgeous Dominic West is like a day with extra sunshine ;)

Love Is A Many Splendored Thing, with another of my favourite actors - William Holden. He plays opposite Jennifer Jones. Holden is an American journalist in Hong Kong in 1949, and the all-American Jones plays a mixed race (British/Chinese) doctor. They fall in love, but face opposition to their romance, and the difficulties of his job threatens their relationship. William Holden was a very under-rated actor. Jennifer Jones was a very over-rated one. She was also extremely hrd to work with, according to several different accounts (but she was married to a famous and powerful Hollywood director, so got away wih a lot of her behaviour). Still a good film though.

Romeo + Juliet. *Sigh* I wish I hadn't watched this. I've seen it before a few times, and loved it, but not having seen it for some years, I thought I would revisit it, and it kind of spoiled my previous enjoyment, because it all seemed a bit style over substance. Leonardo DiCaprio is a gifted actor, but I actually thought that he and Juliet were the weak(er) links in a good cast. John Leguizamo stole the show, as he is wont to do. Pete Postlethwaite was excellent (of course), and the ONLY cast member to speak in the imabic penatmeter which Shakespeare wrote the play in. Still, lots of enjoyable moments, despite not loking it nearly as much as I had done in the past.

It Should Happen To You! Jack Lemmon's debut film :) He stars opposite Judy Holliday, who is great. The film is weirdly prophetic, being about the fact that it is possible to 'buy' celebrity, even if you have no talent or anything to offer. This is a romantic comedy, and very very enjoyable.

Just watched Road Trip which was reasonably funny and had enough to hold my attention, even if it was overly corny at times.

Edit: Also watched The Smurfs this afternoon which I really enjoyed. Seems to have had some negative reviews on the web but I found it an enjoyable watch. I also have a love for Neil Patrick Harris so that's always a plus.

Edited by Ben

Prometheus, have to disagree with timstar, Where were the guns, the action? All the silly plot twists from alien---s without the excitement or scares. Haven't seen a good film in ages. Safe wasn't too bad.

Where were the guns and the action in Alien?

Just watched Everything Must Go. Wasn't bad, and I thought Will Ferrell did a great job of playing a role not so typical of him.

We watched the new Fright Night last night & were surprised, we thought it was going to be a corny remake but we both found it better than the first! Before that was Scrubbers as I'd never seen it & am trying to work through some of Kathy Burke's movies.

I watched The Yellow Submarine. :) It has been way too long since I last saw it, but I still remember it well enough to know most of the script off by heart.