The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

Last movie I saw V for Vendetta (7th time).Really based on awesome concept .Three movies which are best for me are:

V for vendetta

The social network

Yes man . I just love these three movies.I always discuss about these because it just inspires me. Its just really awesome .

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last movie I saw V for Vendetta (7th time).Really based on awesome concept .Three movies which are best for me are:

V for vendetta

The social network

Yes man . I just love these three movies.I always discuss about these because it just inspires me. Its just really awesome .

Hi marcjohn you only mentioned two movies there ? What's your third favourite?

V for vendetta

The social network

V for Vendetta is one my all time favourites! Think it is very under-rated by most.

Social Network is brilliant and i've not seen Yes Man.

My sister bought the 2 disc edition on DVD this week, so even though we saw it together in cinema in April, we re-watched The Hunger Games last night. I also bought the books for my sister and she's just finished the first one, but I haven't read them yet. I still enjoyed the film and still think it's really good. I remember when I was going to see it in cinema, I had very low expectations and even thought I wouldn't like it at all - but it'd been a long time since we'd gone to the cinema and I had a free ticket left anyway.

Hey mate,

Yes Man (2008) - IMDb is the 3rd movie I am talking about. Jim Carry movie , You should watch it once , it may change your thinking. There are many topics that will click on our mind.

Really great concept this movie got

Hi marcjohn you only mentioned two movies there ? What's your third favourite?

V for Vendetta is one my all time favourites! Think it is very under-rated by most.

Social Network is brilliant and i've not seen Yes Man.

We went to see Hope Springs the other day, Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones. Both fantastic. The movie could have been sooo soppy, or silly. But it isn't, not a bit of it. It tackles the issues in a manner that is appropriate, and with humor. But real. Totally real.

The others in the audience were all around our ages, no youngsters. :D Although I do believe some young ones could benefit from the lessons in the film.

I watched 'Precious'. One review described it as relentless, and I have to agree.

The perfomances are astounding, especially Gabourey Sidibe as Precious, and Mo'Nique as her mother. It was only afterwards that I discovered both Lenny Kravitz and Mariah Carey were also in the film, as they both acted their roles so very well. It is harrowing and heartbreaking at times, but worth watching.

Gabourey Sidibe also appears in a favourite series of recent years, 'The Big C', giving life to a fabulous character.

I think I knew beforehand that Mariah Carey would be in the movie, but when I watched it I almost didn't recognise her. I think she did an amazing job. What a haunting movie! I would also recommend reading the book.

Oh, and The Big C is great! :)

I've been doing some movie watching myself lately, I've watched Notting Hill, Juno and Blades of Glory. I think Juno's been overhyped, I don't think it was that spectacular. Maybe it just wasn't for me :)

Watched The Princess Bride last night,

Had the DVD with me for a while now, and had forgotten about it!

Reading about it in the other threadreminded me - and I agree with everyone there - it was delightful.

Also watched The Secrets of NIMH this afternoon - I think it was chesilbeach who told me about it when I was reading Mrs Frisby and the Rats of NIMH.

The film had lots of "magic" elements introduced (which the book doesn't have), and it wasn't as amazing as the book was.

But nonetheless, as an animated film from the 80s - seen on its own - it had its merits and was enjoyable.

Thank you chesilbeach! :)

Edited by bree