Do you play a musical instrument?

Julia

The recorder is a beautiful instrument when played well. Have you listened to any of Michaela Petri's recordings? Magic.

I haven't, but I have earmarked a showing of her youtube for later. Thank you for the tip! :) I love how the recorder can fly so easily between melancholic notes and fanciful ditty.

I'm teaching myself the ukelele...its very early days and tonight I'm auditioning for a rock choir. :cool:

Good luck with the audition. I will want to hear all the details once you're done. :)

Good luck with the audition. I will want to hear all the details once you're done. :)

What is a rock choir even?

The choir sing choral versions of rock/gospel/motown songs. At the mo they're working on Valerie by the Zutons, Where you lead by Carol King and Aint no Mountain High Enough by The Supremes.

I didn't know quite what to expect. It wasn't so much an audition as making sure where to put me and making sure I could carry a tune ok.

Just like school, I'm in the middle at the back. :D

Had a great time. I'd forgotten how much I like singing. It's good when there's someone else to take the blame. :giggle2:

I can play the recorder. Performed on stage two years running when I was in Primary School at the local theatre. About 8 primary schools took part in a show every year which included singing, dancing and music.

I also sang as part of a massive choir made up of all the different schools but I can't really sing. I got so scared on stage during the singing parts of the show I mimed both years!

• 3 weeks later...

Like most of you, I started with the descant recorder at primary school and progressed to the Treble and the Sopranino. I had keyboard/piano lessons when I was 15, stopped playing when I was 23 and have recently started playing again, and discovered I had forgotten almost everything I had learned, so now I am going through the slow process of relearning it all again. Its slowly coming back to me, but I wish I could remember the notes of the bass clef lol