Chatroom: Group Discussion 6/26/2011

Hey everyone! After some discussion in the Chat thread we've decided to try a group chat to see how many people are interested in joining in a live discussion here on our lovely forum! If any of you are up for joining in tomorrow at 3:00pm Central Standard Time (that would make it 8pm for those of you in the U.K.) I was thinking we could discuss the topic of published book lists such as the New York Times' Top 100 Books of All Time and if they have any real importance/ revelance for book lovers. Of course, I'm just pullling this out of thin air, so the topic is very flexible. :)

Join us for some good company, conversation and as many calorieless virtual cookies as you can eat!

Here is a link to the Times article with their picks for the 100 books of all time if you'd like to look over it.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,1951793,00.html

I'll still be at work at that time, but will try to make the next one. :D Great idea!

Oops, I just realized that by tomorrow you meant today, which is Sunday! :blush: Since I don't work, I'll be there in chat.

I'll try and be there! Just looking at the list now, which makes interesting reading in itself.

It does, doesn't it? I have so many questions as to why some books were included and some were left off it but I'll try to save them for later. :blush:

Peace, glad you're able to make it! :D

Oh, and just to remind everyone (incase you didn't know already) If you'd still like to surf around on the BCF threads while in the chatroom, you can do it but you just have to open up a separate browser to do so.

Edited by AbielleRose

Hi Everyone, sorry I miss the rest of the chat, time got away from me, I hope we have another chat soon :D

• 9 months later...

What does everyone think about trying something like this again? I thought it was a great success last time and it'd be great if we could all get together for another chat at some stage. Would have posted a topic about it but will see everyone's opinions about trying it again first before we decide anything definite.

I could be wrong but I think something has recently lapsed on the chat room so there may now be a maximum limit to the number of people who can use it at any time (4 or 5). It cost Michelle extra money to keep the feature enabled, and it was never being used so it was a waste of money.