Kindle

Aralia

Has anybody tried any of the cheap downloads from Amazon. Some of them are quite good for example titles by Stephen Leather. On the other hand charging £6 plus for Raphael Sabatini Scaramouch on the basis of an intro penned by Bernard Cornwell. It rip off the book is available free from Guttenheim.

Yep I've downloaded a few cheapies including Karin Slaughter's new one for 49p and got Jeffery Archer's Kane & Able for free. In fact almost all my books on the kindle were either free or less than £1.50.

I've been trawling through Amazon's free section and books under a fiver section. I've downloaded loads of books over the last couple of days. I've only paid full price for two books on my kindle so far, both new releases that I couldn't wait to get my hands on. Definitely worth checking out their freebies!

Yes I have heard about this - it will be good for those who used to use the mobile library and is being talked about here as one of several possible alternatives. This assumes of course that such people a) have access to a computer, b) can afford a Kindle or other device and c) can figure out how to use it. Despite the fact that we have a computer group aimed at such people up here (which Coran volunteers at) there are still a lot of people up here who wouldn't have a clue, not to mention the fact that the majority of pensioners wjo tend to use the mobile library couldn't afford a Kindle anyway. I know I can't at the moment, and I work full time, admittedly in a low paid job.

Edited by Talisman

Our local library already does this, but only for certain e-readers. The Kindle isn't compatible yet (or at least wasn't, a few months ago). Must remember to check, as they said it was becoming available soon. :huh: