Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultraviolet by R J Anderson

And I bought ~

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand (Its a reach I know, I don't think I'm intelligent enough to read it :blush: )

0.4 by Mike Lancaster

A Stolen Life by Jaycee Lee Dugard

:bookworm:

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand (Its a reach I know, I don't think I'm intelligent enough to read it :blush: )

0.4 by Mike Lancaster

A Stolen Life by Jaycee Lee Dugard

The Jaycee Lee Dugard book sounds interesting, I didn't know she'd written a book about her awful experiences.

And I feel the same way you do about the Ayn Rand book :blush:

Soon off to bed, with AHWoSG.

Edited by frankie

I have been reading Nalini Singh Psy/changeling books (why had I not found these before?????) my second hand copy of The Little World of Don Camillo - Giovanni Guareshi also arrived in the post today so I am a happy bunny. :readingtwo:

I've had a good weekend book-wise. I read Mrs Harris goes to Paris by Paul Gallico on Friday evening (lovely story and leaves you feeling really good). I got another Maisie Dobbs book from the library which I've started today (An Incomplete Revenge). I bought a couple of Margery Allingham books in the local charity shop plus Three Sketches from a Hunter's Album by Ivan Turgenev and today I downloaded a Lord Peter Wimsey book - Murder Must Advertise. That lot should keep me out of mischief for a while. :)

How strange is that! I bought a copy of Mrs Harris from a lovely bookshop called Mason's when I was in Melrose a week or so ago - I vaguely remember the Hiram Holliday shows on TV when I was little, which were based on Paul Gallico's stories, but I'd never actually read any of his work.

I finished Before I Go To Sleep S J Watson this was a great read I found it hard to put down once I'd started it . I've now started When God Was a Rabbit Sarah Winman, I've only read a few pages so far but it looks promising :)

I haven't actually done much reading lately, someone (I will mention no names, you know who you are :irked: ) has gotten me addicted to Sims Social on Facebook - not sure why I'm actually addicted, I can't get on half the time!

I have had some book activity today though, I received Forever by Maggie Stiefvater in the post from Chaliepud, as a swap for Dark Lover & Lover Eternal by J R Ward. This book swap lark is pretty good! ;)

I've read a couple books lately and haven't posted anything about it! I'm so ashamed :lurker:.

I finished the last 2 books of the Hunger Games trilogy, as well as the Sookie books Definitely Dead and All Together Dead. Yesterday I started Sookie book #8, From Dead to Worse. I believe I'll read something more substantive after this though before I tackle the last 3 in the Southern Vampire series ;). I also need to seriously work on some reviews for my personal book thread!

How strange is that! I bought a copy of Mrs Harris from a lovely bookshop called Mason's when I was in Melrose a week or so ago - I vaguely remember the Hiram Holliday shows on TV when I was little, which were based on Paul Gallico's stories, but I'd never actually read any of his work.

Must be telepathy Roland :D After reading some pretty depressing stuff lately, I needed to be entertained and Mrs Harris certainly didn't disappoint. It's very whimsical and she is just a lovely lady (or lydy as Mr Gallico says - but then these were written in the 50s and he was probably watching too many Ealing Comedies). Hope you enjoy!

Edited by SueK

Lovely bf surprised me with new books yesterday:

Chris D'Lacey > Firestar

Chris D'Lacey > The Fire Eternal

Chris D'Lacey > Dark Fire

Chris D'Lacey > Fire World

I was looking toward his bookcase and there were books with light reflecting spines where there weren't any before. So I asked him what books they were and where they stood before ( I couldn't read the spines because of the reflection), as he his rearranging his bookcase. He just said that I should just have a look if I wanted to know. And there they were, the rest of the Last Dragon Chronicles. The books found a new home in my bookcase right away :D I am so happy :D:wub: