Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to read someone's thesis all weekend, but this morning I managed to sneak in the last couple of dozen pages of Treasure Island. What an awesome book. :D It was exactly what I needed to read right now.

I must have overdosed on reading non-fiction books or something, because I only seem to be in the mood for action/adventure stories at the moment. I'm sure I have lots my books on my TBR pile that will fit the bill. :)

I'm a fair way into The Fellowship of the Ring, and enjoying it so far.

Also in the post yesterday I got Priceless: The Hidden Psychology of Value, but I can't for the life of me remember ordering it. :doh: I've checked my Amazon orders - nada. I've checked Ebay, and my email account and I can't see anything where I have bought or won this book. The thing is, it's the kind of book I would read, and I think I recall reading about it, but I just don't know if that's because I've been thinking about it too much and wondering where I got it. :doh: I didn't get it from someone on this forum, did I? :blush: I'm soooo puzzled!

Finished Out of Time which after a promising start, followed up with a middle that was too long, and a bit of an abrupt end.

Started Wilma Tenderfoot and the Case of the Frozen Hearts, which although a kids book aimed at 8-12 years old, I am thoroughly enjoying and already half way through!

Received in the post today via a swap on Read It Swap It..... ' A Cry in the Dark' ~ Mary Higgins Clark. New author for me, but willing to give it a go.

I finished Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden - Changes yesterday so I am up to the latest one now which I am tempted to get I had forgotten how good this series was so thanks Karsa for reminding me. I also read one of my freebies on Amazon - Dead(ish) - Naomi Kramer I was tempted by the synopsis...suffice to say don't fall into my trap it was absolutely terrible. I am however tring another The Unicorn Crisis and its proving good so far.

I started reading 'Ralph's Party' by Lisa Jewell (I've read it before but I wanted a re~cap before reading 'After the Party', the sequel) :)

Hey Pipread, I was thinking of you this morning - you must have heard my thoughts! :)

You've read a few books of late then? :giggle2:

Spooky Chrissy! I wondered what that whispering in my ear was, I thought I had tinnitus! :giggle2:

Not much for 4 months is it? Although in my defence one book was a doorstep! :wink:

I had a really nice book shopping day today, really happy about it. The books I bought were all books I've never heard of, which I picked up based on titles and covers. Beautiful covers, all of them. I rarely do this, but two of them were '€2.40 each and buy one get one free.' ....Four books for €4.80? Yes please! I also picked up one more book based on the cover and title, which was just €4. So I'm really happy! Oh, also, they're all hardbacks except the first in my list:

I got:

The Spooks Apprentice - Joseph Delaney

The Midas Box - G. P. Taylor

Selina Penaluna - Jan Page (This one I didn't really want, I just needed a second 'free' book, but it's got excellent reviews on Amazon so that's good!)

Wormwood - also by G. P. Taylor

If God Was A Rabbit - Sarah Winman

I finished reading Between the Sheets last night. It was one heck of a read, my wishlist is going to explode when I do the adding. I then started reading Ian Rankin's Hide & Seek, I need a quick, enjoyable fictional novel before I get into another memoir/biography/non-fiction book. Will probably finish Rankin today and can move on to A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.

I inventoried about a hundred books last night onto my new phone app (that counts, right?? )

What phone app would that be, Sofia??

I just started part 2 of Mockingjay, so am over a third of the way finished. Loving it! :D

What phone app would that be, Sofia??

I just started part 2 of Mockingjay, so am over a third of the way finished. Loving it! :D

just look for 'inventory' in the app market....keeps track of everything...I am loving it :D

just look for 'inventory' in the app market....keeps track of everything...I am loving it :D

Thanks for getting me hooked, Sofia! :lol: I downloaded one of the free inventory apps and have been scanning ISBN numbers for the past hour or so. :lol: It's such a great tool!

I'm on page 191 of Mockingjay now :D.

I finished Jack & Jill - James Patterson today, and I think, I wouldn't read anything from him again. It sounded like a normal crime mistery but turned out to become a big conspiration involving renegades from the CIA.

I don't like THAT sort of novels.

Oh boy, I so want an app that can scan my books, but I don't have a smartphone or a camera on my iPad. :( It would save me so much time cataloguing my purchases from book fairs and what-not.

I went shopping at lunch time and bought 6 books. :) Hey, it's been a while since I've bought anything, so I'm allowed!

Oh boy, I so want an app that can scan my books, but I don't have a smartphone or a camera on my iPad. :( It would save me so much time cataloguing my purchases from book fairs and what-not.

I went shopping at lunch time and bought 6 books. :) Hey, it's been a while since I've bought anything, so I'm allowed!

Okay, fess up!!